Chapter 1

Camila's Pov-

"And that's why I believe butterflies are signals of hope from those watching over us."

I finished off strongly, and honestly, I felt so confident in that moment. Standing in front of my classmates, talking about the deepest meaning of a animal that was important to me. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be but i'm glad it's over. I don't like presenting or big crowds, or even talking in front of big crowds but talking i'm way too good at.

I seemed to get lost in the moment because the students claps have finally stopped and their conversations started, I took that as a sign to get back to my seat besides Taylor.

"You we're amazing up there." Taylor whispered as Ms.Gonzalez started talking and I took my seat.

Taylor was always so sweet, I could always count on her and she's been a friend of mine since middle school. Now that we are in the 11th grade, we've gotten closer but not as close as me and my best friend Dinah.

"Thanks Tay." I smiled at her before asking a question, "So I was wondering if you wanted to hang out tonight? With me and Dinah, you could bring Selena!" I suggested.

Dinah and I are planning a little sleepover/girls night tonight since it's Friday. Taylor and Selena are dating, and I think this has been one of the longest relationship for Taylor so it would be cool to get to know Selena more and she could be apart of our little girl group.

"Ah im sorry mila, Selena is throwing a party at her parents beach house- Hey you and Dinah should come, half of the school will be there." Taylor was now focused on the lesson but she was still talking to me.

How can I forget, Selena and Taylor are the schools favorite and most popular couple, due to them also being the captains of the cheer team.

"That's okay, you know I don't do parties.." I laughed, scribbling on my notebook.

"It's gonna be so much fun though! Please, just this once... Austin's gonna be there!" Taylor said just a little to loudly, Ms.Gonzalez had turned around and 'shushed' us.

Taylor and I chucked before going back to our conversation, just a little less quieter.

"That's just another reason why I wont go." I stated, I absolutely despised Austin.

He's been trying to go out with me for years, he never took the hits and i've rejected him so many times. He's not good news, he's been in fights, has sex with many girls, horrible grasses by the way- and he's a total dick.

"Please Mila, please please please please please..." Taylor continued this for a while until the bell rang when I finally gave up.

"OKAY, Okay- im sure Dinah will love the change of plans..." I laughed painfully to myself before packing up my things and walking out our last period, side to side with Taylor.

We talked some more while making our way down the hall to our lockers. That's where we saw Dinah and the new girl, Normani Kordei. I was a bit surprised to see her with Dinah but again, Dinah is always the one making new friends. I was also very curious of Normani. Not only was she hot but damn she has some nice style, definitely Dinah's type- OOHHHH

"Sup DJ." I said causally, giving her a few winks before turning to my locker to open it.

"Hey Chancho, this is Normani. She's new here-" Dinah got cut off by a very excited Taylor.

"No. Fucken. Way.- YOUR NORMANI KORDEI!? THE BEST CHEERLEADER ALL IN MIAMI- ALL IN THE STATE OF FLORIDA! YOU WON 3 STATE CHAMPIONSHIP EVER SINCE YOU WERE 14!? WHAT ARE YOU DOIN-" I eventually had to cover up Taylor's loud mouth because people started to look out direction.

"Yeah" Normani chucked a bit with a very sweet smile, "Thanks for the reminder, that's me." She continued.

"Seems like Taylor here is a big fan." I patted Taylor's shoulder before letting my hand leave her lips. "But hey! I don't know much about cheer but from what i've heard, you seem to be too good for this schools cheer team-" Taylor had reached her arm over to hit my shoulder.

"Our cheer team is not THAT bad- You know, we are having tryouts next Monday! Our flyer seemed to want to quit on us-" That's a lie.

"I thought Megan just joined the team? I thought the team was full actually, you told me that tryouts were ov-" And then Dinah stepped in.

"ANYWAYS- MOVING ON..." Dinah started to say very loud and slowly, Taylor and I took the hint. "I invited Normani to our girls night!" Taylor and I made eye contact before looking back at Dinah with a awkward smile. "Or not? We're things changed again without me knowing? This has got to stop-"

"It only happened once okay, it is not our fault your phone was dead." I snapped because she will never let it go. It was an accident.

"Whatever, what's the plan?" Dinah asked.

"Selena is throwing a party at her parents beach house, and Camila actually agreed." Taylor smiled to herself proudly.

"A party? I haven't been to one in ages.." Normani said, seemed like she was in.

"Well yeah you've been homeschooled your whole life until you went to that one Academy by the hills-" Dinah then put her hand around Taylor's lips this time to stop her talking.

"Wow." Normani said in shocked.

"Ignore her, anyways- My name is Camila, by the way, this is Taylor. Taylor and I have to get going because she will be buying my outfit for tonight. We hope to see you at the party!" I grabbed Taylor's arm and we started walking out together before I turned back around to tell Dinah something, "CHECK YOUR PHONE!"

Dinah then looked down at her phone;

Chancho: No drinking and driving so we will uber there separately, and make sure to wear that one hot red dress!!! Normani will love that ;))

DJ: Oh my god! Ew...... i will totally wear the red dress!!! Sounds like a plan, see you there.

Sounds like girls night just got more interesting, now the only thing left to do is find a dress.

How hard could it be to find a dress?