Chapter 2

TW// SUICIDAL THOUGHTS

Lauren's Pov-

"Nervous?" My mom asked me as we slowly ate breakfast at the table, just the two of us.

It's always been the two of us. I don't know much about my dad, all I know is that he died before he found out my mom was pregnant with me. I've always wanted to know more about him but i took the hint that my mother never wanted to talk about him. It's apart of her past that she's moved on from, and apart of my future that i'll never uncover.

"It's a regular school day." I mumbled, sticking my fork into the soggy waffles.

She let out a sigh, like she's stressed. I have been too, I know I haven't been easy on her but I have my reasons. I'm not looking forward to this day at all.

"Lauren, you can't always keep giving me a cold shoulder whenever I do something you don't agree on-" I stood up abruptly, "Lauren Michelle Jauregui! Don't you dare walk away when i'm speaking to you." She stated with her mom voice, very sternly.

The old Lauren would've sat back down, listened to her dear mother. The old Lauren would've cared, would've wanted to not get in trouble. And it's not that I wanted to get in trouble at that moment, but I didn't care. So instead, what I did do was-

"Then don't talk to me when i'm walking away." And I grabbed my backpack, car keys, and phone, and I walked out of that house that I know wasn't home.

It won't ever be home to me.

I arrived at my new highschool 20 minutes later, I got there early to pick up my new schedule and locker combination along with a set of books. It wasn't too bad, I was able to look around the small school and find my classes before the bell. I didn't talk to anyone or make eye contact, and no one tried talking to me.

I wore my hoodie over my head, and I had my earphones on. Listening to 1975 album on repeat, I walked the now crowded halls. I was just praying that today won't be bad day, I just want to get this day over with.

I walked past a student board with a bunch of clubs, that's when I saw the girls soccer team flyer about try outs next week. I stood their for a couple of minutes before getting a flyer and walking away, not writing my name down. I don't have that motivation anymore, I lost interest in the things I love now.

I'll keep to myself, i'll get through to the end of my Junior year to move back to my old highschool when i'm allowed to and it would all be okay. I just need to survive. That's it. I need to keep breathing, how hard can that be?

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, settle down- settle down. Austin, put that ball away right this second!" My new english teacher, Ms.Gonzalez snapped.

I don't know who Austin is but i'm guessing it's the kid who was now laughing, making weird hip movements. Unfortunately, my seat was right infront of his. I walked around him since he was in my way, and I felt his eyes on the back of my head before checking me out. I took off my hood but kept my earphones on.

I took out my notebook and a pencil before feeling a tap on my shoulder. I turned to my right, where a beautiful brown haired girl smiled at me.

"Hi, my names Ally." She said politely as I took off my earphones, the class was still pretty loud so I decided to put on a fake smile.

"Lauren." I shook her hand before turning back to my desk.

"Your new here, aren't you?" Ally asked, seems like she won't leave me alone.

"Yeah, just moved here from Tampa Academy." I said with a smile nod, maybe I should've kept that last part to myself.

"The one by the hills? What are you doing here? People who go to that academy tend to be really smart and rich." Ally asked, somewhat in a surprised tone.