12: You killed the car.

Y/n's pov

The cars wheels spun rapidly, creating a whirring noise as the air hit them.

A brick had been placed on the gas pedal and the car was jacked off the ground, placed in reverse in hopes of taking the miles off.

Cameron, Ferris, Sloan and I sat outside the garage, chatting away and trying to divert Cameron's attention from the car.

"You know, the whole time I was just thinking things over." Cameron told us. "I was... I was, like, meditating. Then, I sort of watched myself from inside... I realized it was ridiculous. Being afraid, worrying about everything, wishing I was dead. All that shit. I'm tired of it."

He looked back up to us. "It's the best day of my life." He stated.

Sloan smiled at him, happy he had a good time and Ferris and I glanced at each other with triumphant smirks, knowing in the end, he would have a good day.

"I'm gonna miss you guys next year." Cameron said, looking down at his feet again.

Silence hung around the four of us. After a minute or two, Sloan spoke up.

"Cameron? Can I ask you a question?" She asked, looking up at him with a suppressed smile.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Did you see me change out of my clothes by the jacuzzi?" She asked.

We all watched Cameron as a small, slightly embarrassed smirk curved on Cameron's face and a slight tint of pink made its way to his cheeks and ears.

"Did you?" She pressed.

Ferris and I each began to snicker at our friend's reaction.

"You saw her? I thought you were catatonic." I asked, laughing.

Ferris's snickering grew louder until it matched mine, and Cameron's sheepish smile told us all we needed to know.

"That's okay." Sloan looked over at the two of us who were basically losing it. "I'm not embarrassed."

"Yeah. We know why." Ferris said quietly to me, making me laugh even louder.

"I better check on the car." Cameron said with that same weak smile, trying and failing to avoid awkwardness.

He got up and walked to the garage, leaving Sloan, Ferris and I to sit alone. After our laughter had ceased, I was leaning on Ferris for support and he was gazing into my eyes longingly.

"Hey, Ferris!" Cameron's voice rang out, dragging said boy's attention away from my eyes.

"Yeah?" Ferris got up cautiously and slowly began to walk into the garage and towards a very pissed looking Cameron.

Sloan and I got up and followed him, Sloan nudging me in the side with a knowing smirk.

"The miles aren't coming off." Cameron informed him in an annoyed tone. "The miles aren't coming off; going in reverse."

Ferris walked over and leaned down to look.

The numbers on the odometer sat, unmoved, just the way they were before.

"Ah." Ferris spoke, glancing at a pacing Cameron. "Well, I thought that might've a problem."

"You'll Just have to crack open to odometer, roll it back by hand." I sighed, patting the car.

Cameron looked at the two of us standing in front of his father's car and swallowed harshly.

"No." He said in a defeated tone. "Forget it."