The Break Up

Hey! I am the new owner of this brilliant story. I adopted it from the amazing Divergent_Girl95 and I will rewrite parts of it, and make the chapters a bit longer. I hope you enjoy this story and continue to read it. 😃

I pick my way across the narrow Dauntless paths, in my hand is a plate loaded with Dauntless cake for me and Tobias to eat. I reach the apartment we share.

I stop outside the door, fishing through my pockets for my house keys when I hear a sound.

Its coming from inside the house. I put my ear to the door and it gets louder. I realise what it is. Someone is moaning.

I quickly unlock the door and burst in. What I see makes me drop the plate of cake in shock, shards of china smashing everywhere.

Tobias- no- FOUR is lying in bed, naked, with an equally undressed Lauren lying on top of him.

I cover my mouth with my hand in shock. I step back, and hit the wall. I am too shocked to move.

Tobias sits up, almost shoving Lauren off the bed.

She lets out a surprised squeal. "Sh*t, Tris, I can explain!" says Four, fear running wild in his deep blue eyes.

I feel anger convulsing through my veins. I can feel my face turning red and my voice raising.

I can't bring myself to speak. I let out a constrained noise before swallowing. No words can describe how I feel.

I point my finger at him and say: "No, you can not explain this. Ever. In fact, you are never allowed to speak to me. GET OUT OF MY LIFE!" And with that, I sprint out of the apartment, pieces of smashed plate sticking into my shoes as I go.

I don't look where I'm going. I just run and try not to fall into the Chasm. Actually, that wouldn't seem like a bad idea.

I have been running for less than a minute and I have already knocked over two people, one of them being Eric. Oops.

I'm not looking where I'm going, and slam into someone. I stumble back and wipe my eyes. I feel two strong hands on my shoulders and I look up. Uriah.

He looks straight into my eyes and says "Tris, what's wrong?" The concern in his voice makes me well up yet again.

"F-four was ch-cheating on m-me with L-lauren!" I manage to choke out. The concerned look on Uriah's face quickly changes to a furious one.

"I'll kill him." I hear Uriah hiss. I place my hands on his chest, refraining him. "No, please." His voice drops to a whisper.

"Okay, Tris. But you do not deserve this." I look at my shoes and nod. Pieces of broken plate are embedded in the soles, but not cutting my feet.

Uriah notices this and says: "Tris, do you want to come stay with me?" I am too emotional to speak, so I just nod silently.

Uriah opens the door to his apartment and I walk slowly in. There's beautiful black wallpaper, with lamps shaped like flames scattered about the room.

I gasp a little and Uriah smiles. "It's lovely, isn't it." To which I nod. I notice a tiny tear slip out of his eye. "Marlene picked it out..."

I instantly forget everything that's happened and hug Uriah. He must be devastated. But he is strong. He quickly wipes the tear away.

"Do you want the bed!" He asks. I reply with a simple "Okay." He starts to drag blankets on to the couch. No. This isnt right.

I touch his arm and say " I don't want to be alone." He looks at me, stunned, but eventually replies with "Alright, I have some big tshirts in my wardrobe you can wear."

I put on a large black shirt and crawl between the silky black sheets. Uriah is already asleep next to me.

A few more tears slip out, a stream, then a waterfall. I let out all my pent up emotions from the day and just sob. I do it quietly, so as not to wake Uriah.

I think of all the memories me and Four have shared over the two years we were together. That makes me sob twice as hard.

Once I'm cried out, I just bury my face in the pillow and drift into oblivion.

Hey Guys! I hope you enjoyed that chapter, the next one will be up tomorrow hopefully! Please comment if you like it and any queries you may have 😃