Brownies

I stare at the window, wide-eyed. Uriah looks like he may punch Christina, something I am willing to do right now.

She disappears from the window and instead knocks on the door incessantly.

Uriah reluctantly opens the door, and I brace myself for squealing and crying.

"OMG TRIS AND URIAH YOU GUYS ARE SO FREAKIN CUTE I SHIP IT SO MUUUUCH!" Christina screams, jumping up and down.

"What the actual hell Christina." Uriah says sarcastically, still holding the door open.

Christina completely ignores him and runs over to me.

"I knew it, I just knew the cakes would work!" she says.

Uriah bangs the door shut. "Cakes?" he questions. "You sent the cakes?"

Christina nods. "Yep. I thought you guys would be so cute together, so I set you up." she smiles angelically. I can practically see the halo circling her head.

"Oh my God, Christina. You've done some pretty whack things but this is by far the craziest." I tell her.

"But it worked! You guys are together, right?" she asks, the excitement building in her eyes.

I sneak a glance at Uriah. He looks back at me. I say "I guess so." not breaking his gaze.

"YES TRISSYPOO THIS IS AMAZEBALLS!" Christina yells in my face, reverting to Fangirl Mode.

She hugs me tight, to the point where I can't breathe. I look at Uriah and roll my eyes.

"Okay, gotta go, bye!" she says quickly and rushes out of the door in a blur, leaving me and Uriah standing there in shock.

"D-did you mean it?" Uriah asks.
"Mean what?" I question. What is he talking about?
"That we're really together now. Like properly." Uriah says, worried.

I take a deep breath and say. "Yes. I meant it."

An ecstatic look comes across Uriah's face. He walks towards me and folds me into a hug.

"You know what that means..." he says in a low, seductive voice. I gulp. I'm not ready for this.

He looks into my eyes, not breaking his grip on me. I am just about to wriggle away when he shouts:

"SLEEPOVER!"

I breathe out and laugh. He's such a little girl... He runs into the kitchen and starts bustling about.

I follow him in cautiously, and ask "What are you doing?"

He looks over his shoulder and says: "Getting ingredients. We have to make brownies."

He resumes taking the items out of the cupboards and searching for bowls. I stand and watch him.

It's like watching a person in time lapse. He moves so fast, so eagerly that you barely have time to catch him do anything.

When he has finished arranging the ingredients on the counter, he turns to me and says,

"Well don't just stand there. Help me make these brownies." I laugh slightly and walk over to the sink. I wash my hands thoroughly and join him by the counter.

"I think I remember how to make these..." he says. He starts to melt some butter in the microwave.

"Tris. Measure out some flour, sugar and cocoa powder please. " He says. I set about getting the right measurement of each ingredient, while Uriah melts chocolate over the stove.

Soon enough, the butter and chocolate are melted and its time to mix it all together.

I grab a wooden spoon and start stirring the ingredients together, forming a thick brown mixture.

Uriah keeps dipping his finger into the mix and licking it. I smack his hand and tell him to stop.

"There won't t be any brownies if you keep doing that!" I scold. He puts on a pouty face, like a naughty child.

Once I'm nearly done mixing, he puts his finger into the mixture again. But instead of eating it, he smears it across my face.

My jaw drops. Oh. No. He. Didn't. I turn to look at him and see a cheeky grin spread across his face.

I slowly dip two fingers in the brownie mix and wipe them across Uriah's cheek. He gasps a little and tries to wipe it off.

All it does is spread more, until one half of his face is almost covered with brownie mix.

I send him a smirk whilst I pour the mix into a baking tray and put it in the oven.

Uriah goes to wipe off the brownie mix and I go to my apartment to collect some stuff.

I get some essentials, like pyjamas and my toothbrush. I shove them in a bag and rush back to Uriah's place.

He crouches by the oven, staring intently at the brownies. He sees me in the living room and comes over.

He is taller than me. Not as tall as Four, but still tall. That's why when we kiss, I have to stand on my tiptoes.

The kiss is soft and sweet, and lasts for a while. I pull back, smile, and go to put my things away.

**********

"Tris, the brownies are done!" Uriah calls from the kitchen. I can hear the eagerness in his voice.

I grab oven gloves and take the brownies out of the oven. I make sure they are cooked before cutting them into squares.

Uriah is desperate to eat them, but I make him cosy up the sofa first. Knowing him, he'd probably burn his tongue.

I have just finished levering the last brownie out of the tray, when I feel a pair of arms wrap round my waist.

Uriah kisses my forehead, and I blush a little. I really do love him.

Uriah eats three brownies in five minutes. I stare at him in bewilderment, wondering how he does it.

He catches me looking and says:
"Like what you see?" I blush and say,
"I might do."

The kiss that follows tastes like brownies, and is pure heaven.

A/N

Hello everyone!
No one commented ideas for what to call you, so I'm going to hit a random food emoji and pick.

🍍 Pineapples!

So, pineapples, what did you think of cute Uris baking? Comment below 😀

We are about 26 reads away from 1000! Please get your friends/followers to read this, because we are soooo close!

This chapter is dedicated to @elsammio68 for voting constantly 😊

Remember to vote and comment!
Thanks for reading 😃