two

when louis got back to the table, surprisingly no one questioned it.

everyone was suspiciously normal, carrying on about their conversations and briefly acknowledging louis' arrival. too normal.

they knew.

it had only been a few times he and harry hooked up. each time, louis came back to the group and harry disappeared for a while. maybe that was too obvious? aw fuck. did they need a new system?

"got the hots for styles?" michael inquired casually as he turned to louis, making him almost freeze up.

it only took barely a minute for them to say something. nevertheless, he tried to act normal.

"mate- what in the world are you talking about," louis replied obliviously, and zayn laughed from his other side.

"did you even ask him if he's gay?" zayn said amusedly.

"no. what? w-why?" louis stuttered.

"sweetie, that's a rhetorical question," zayn clarified as he continued to laugh, looking around for harry at the bar, "he's as gay as a picnic basket."

"you two should just ditch us, go buy him a drink. get out of here," michael suggested, pushing louis slightly.

"sure, jan. go buy fatty some ho-hos," zayn teased.

"fuck off. and it's not like that," louis frowned, swatting michael away.

"it might be soon, did you see the amount of food he inhaled? i was quite impressed," zayn continued to joke, meanwhile mikey replied to louis' actual refute.

"it could be!" michael replied, frustrated, "you'd be fucking cute together, and you know it."

"yeah, set louis up with the biggest tool we know. always so smart, clifford," zayn nodded sarcastically at michael, "louis. don't do this. believe me when i tell you he's an asshole."

"yeah, a tight one. and at least he's cooler than you. fuck you guys," louis laughed as he stood up and left the table.

a tool? that's the last thing that popped into his mind when he thought of harry. harry was kind–he might've been an annoying dickwad but he was the literal opposite of a tool.

maybe the harry that zayn once knew had changed. zayn seemed to know uni harry, whereas adult harry seemed quite different. he had definitely been packing on some pounds. that had certainly changed.

michael just smiled as he watched louis determinedly wander over to the bar, looking for harry.

he quickly found his curly locks towards the end of the bar, next to the wall, and with another plate of food in front of him. in fact, he'd already cleared most of his plate. he was busy gorging himself on the remainder of his fries.

clearly, he wasn't looking for anyone to talk to at the bar, which somewhat made louis happy as he approached and went to sit next to him.

"hey, curly. still hungry?" he teased, attempting to agitate him. harry just looked up at him and gave him a small smile, despite that.

his cheeks were still a bit flushed after their rendezvous, and he looked happy. freshly fucked and fed.

"louis," he acknowledged, before looking back down at his plate, "oh, your pint is on the way! they'll bring it to the table."

"aren't you drinking?" louis inquired with a frown, and harry nodded his head as he placed a hand on his tummy and burped into his fist, "everything alright there?"

"everything's just fine," harry replied with a small chuckle, breathing out carefully and heavily. he looked a bit tired, and louis suddenly felt bad for bothering him again. maybe he had tired him out?