13 | Even Forever Seems Short

There was a funny thing about the past or the things you wanted to run away from. They haunted you when you least expected it. Haunted? More like hunted. I had recovered from the multiple fractures I had from the injury and went to the regular physiotherapy in accordance with the doctor.

Hyun Jae was busy with her debute preparation. Junmyeon told me her group name was 5nyx, and the concept was related to some Greek mythology. Bitch chose her name perfectly for her debute. Alanna was a Greek goddess's name apparently. Fate worked in a mysterious way I guess.

Then there was Exo. They hit big with their new song which was trending nowadays and was declared the nation's anthem. Growl. I was happy for the guys. Such a shame, I couldn't meet them personally.

I didn't want Hyun Jae to know I was here in South Korea. She would leave everything to stay by my side, and I didn't want her to sabotage herself. I had Sunhee. My dear business partner and moral support. "Fei, don't you want to meet Sana? Eun sang? They're both amazing and you would love-"

"Sunshine, you won't shine anymore if you ever so mentioned my name in front of them, okay?" I gave her a look and she pouted. "I don't want to be a pushover," I muttered, staring outside the window. We were coming back from my therapy session and my dear Sunhee was driving me home.

"Trust me, they won't see you as a pushover. They like everyone. Mostly everyone." She went on. "And, you know I'm even staying with Eun Sang today as Sana is on a trip with Minseok."

Oh yeah, new detail, that Sana girl had made it official with Xiumin. Good for her. Poor Yixing. If she was the woman he loved, he was suffering from a heartbreak in the hand of his member's girlfriend. About, Eun sang... I didn't know her as well. They both seemed too good to be friends with to be honest.

If I met them and Exo together... everyone would see that I was different. Weird. Not a good girl at all. I didn't like it. The comparison. Those girls could be fantastic, but leave me out of it, for the God's sake. By the way, it was my mind with which I debated on this topic. Nobody actually said those things.

As I said, I didn't need anyone to put me down. I was doing a lot of good job at the task myself.

"Unnie. Are you even listening to me?"

"Hmm?" I turned to her and she gave me a disappointed look. "Sorry, sunshine."

"It's really strange. Jongin also call me sunshine. Even before you said it. Does my name really rhyme with the word?" she wondered, and I ruffled her hair. "Ah.. Don't do it. I look ugly with messy hair."

"Do you want an honest opinion from me about this?" I scanned her face and smiled. "You're very beautiful, Sunhee. Even with messy hair. Sometimes I pity you."

"Pity? Why?"

"When you're pretty, people don't see beyond that superficial beauty. It's tiring." I sighed. "Look at Alanna, she got featured in one of the idol's video. She danced so well, but the comments only talked about her looks."

"It's a shame then." Her brows furrowed. "I won't want to be around people who are only there for my beauty. It's a depressing thought."

"I know, right?"

We reached the apartment after a long drive. Since Sunhee was staying with Eun sang tonight, I was alone and troubled. I had become so used to people's presence around me to the point that it annoyed me now that I had to spent some time alone. I wasn't like this before.

I dialled Yixing's number. He was so busy with the promotions and all that we hardly got time together. The number came as switched off. He was probably in a practice session. Now that I wasn't busy anymore, I had to remind myself that people around me had jobs that they were invested in. Hyun Jae didn't even have any time to breath. It was that hectic for my girl.