The Meeting

~~~

Izuku was certain that he wasn't supposed to be here.

But he was, isolated minus one person: Iida.

Surely the boss would understand! Surely he'd know that Izuku wasn't at all flirting with or being flirted at by Iida!

Surely he would know that they're just hanging out.

It no longer reeked of ashes and spices, burning his nose and making his temples throb. In its place, there was now the strong and comforting scent of cocoa, though not quite strong enough to be bitter.

He wasn't doing a lot with Iida. He was seated on a cushioned chair beside Iida, who was laying on his blue-sheeted bed. The anxiety had physical effects on him, face marked with dark rings to show his lack of sleep, lines that were staring to crease into his forehead, swollen eyes for the tears he'd cried, and dishevelled hair. His breath smelt a little, though not bad enough for him to not have brushed for the past few weeks.

Todoroki showed no signs of being awake. Yaoyorozu, on the other hand, has slipped into consciousness some time in the middle of the night, only to go back to sleep. Todoroki also had been given a blood transfusion, though his rare blood type meant less blood was given than required. So it was no surprise that he wasn't yet awake.

Izuku was banned from giving any blood - that would leave him without blood as well, which will not run through the boss. Naturally, Omegas needed more blood than other secondary genders: another reason why they were seen as useless and inferior.

"Iida, d-do you want to t-try get some sleep?" Izuku asks softly, threading his fingers delicately through raven hair. Iida's eyes slowly flutter shut, only to snap back open. It had to be trauma, images of the Alpha he loved burned on the backs of his eyelids. He can't get it out of his head, constantly reminded of the time where he'd almost lost him.

"I can't," he whispers softly, and Izuku could only feel a flood of empathy and sorrow fill his brain. "What about you?"

It was true. Izuku didn't get much sleep either. Maybe because of his concern for Bakugo and others, or the fear from what he'd seen, or the common flashbacks he got to when he was on the streets, where death was around every corner. What was it called again? Survivor's guilt? He was an Omega, and he hated to see others being hurt or abused. Because, whilst he hated the way others treated him, he still secretly believed he was inferior, and death was supposed to come to him. Not to innocent Alphas, or new-born children, or the cold and hungry.

And suddenly, he was uncomfortable. Why was he here? How could he enjoy such luxuries here if others are still out the-

"Izuku?"

He snaps from his thoughts, a small gasp leaving from his lips as he realises what planet he was on. The crawling feelings of discomfort dissipates, and he can breathe a little better. Yet there was still a shadow looming over, a ghost of what was to come.

"I should," he replies, biting his cheek to ground his spiralling thoughts. But it hardly worked - not when so much was going through his brain. He wanted to go back when things were simple, and where he didn't know such loyalty like this had existed. At least then, he was less guilty for having any sorts of treasure, unlike how he is here. Even though he hated everyone here, a part of him still knew he was lucky. If a Beta or Alpha had been chosen, instead of him, then he'd probably be dead by now. Follow the same fate that Ochako had - having his body thrown into a sewage river, lost and pushed onto a bank to rot to nothing.