T H I R T Y - S E V E N

"Juan", I hear him whispering

My smile disappears from my face and my chest feels like a heavy rock. Slowly I turn around and see him. After a year. After several months of craving him.

My heart starts to beat faster as our eyes meet. His face, his eyes, his lips. He looks tired and skinny. He lost weight but his eyes . . . they're the same.

He walks a step towards me and I uncontrollably walk a step back. As I see his wide eyes, the shock in his eyes, I immediately regret it. 

"Y-you work here? You have a new job?", he asks in a twisted way. He's obviously happy to see me but there's so much fear in his expression.

"No"

"What do you mean?"

"It's my restaurant. I'm the owner", I say as confidently as I can and as I should.

"Really?!", he smiles widely

Fuck, I missed his smile. No, I can't.

"Yes and now leave", I say without any emotions

His smile disappears and the fact that I'm the cause, hurts.

"I wanted to talk with you"

"You what?", I laugh, "You want to talk with me? About what? What the fuck do you want from me?"

"Juan, por favor"

"Leave. I don't want to see you"

"Please, just-"

"Carlos no!", I yell, "What the fuck do you think you're doing right now? One year. One fucking year"

"I'm sorry I-"

"I don't care if you're sorry. I don't want to see your fucking face" Your fucking beautiful face that pisses me off.

"No", he says

I can't do this. I can't keep talking with him. Fighting with him. It just hurts and I want him to leave. I don't want to cry in front of him. I don't want to show him how broken I am. How much he broke me.

"Fuck off", I say loudly

"No"

"Why?", I yell, "You left once, so you can leave twice. It's not that hard, isn't it? Because the last time you did, it was pretty easy"

His face gets pale white and he stares at me. His eyes, lifeless. His face, tired. His lips, dry. He breathes deeply, not breaking his gaze from me.

A few seconds later he slowly walks towards me. Fuck, I can't escape. I need to go. I can't face him.

"Please, let me explain. I'm sorry I-"

"I hate you", I mumble

It's the only way I can make him leave. I need to hurt him. I have no other choice.