Chapter 8

"We need to hurry people! Chop! Chop! Chop!" Perrie was sprinting down the halls after school that same day.

"What is wrong with her?" Ray asked with a laugh.

"She's excited to see the love of her life. Perrie acts like we didn't meet with her last Friday. Such a drama queen that one." Jade shook her head fondly as she walked at a normal pace with the guys and Jesy.

Jesy wished she could come visit Leigh-Anne too but she was trying not to be insensitive. I wonder if she'd still freak out if she saw me. The two of them were happily exchanging letters but to meet in person may be an entirely different thing. Maybe I should ask Jung to test if we'd be able to meet face to face again. She stroked her chin in thought.

"Not so much. I miss my booboo too. Leigh-Anne I am coming!" Jungkook started running out of nowhere.

Prince held a hand to his face as people stared at them. "Y'all just . . . why though? Why all the drama? Now people are gonna start thinking things and you know that everyone is up your ass right now." He had Perrie in mind as he muttered these things.

Jade shook her head again while walking out of the school with the others.

They met Perrie and Jungkook hopping into their cars at the same time.

"Yikes." Ray wondered if they knew how desperate they looked.

"Don't judge me Rayan! You'll never understand how it feels to be so desperately in love with somebody! Never! And for that, you should pity yourself." Perrie sounded kind of deranged.

Kids from their school paused in walking to their cars to look at this.

Prince smiled tightly as he noticed how much they were whispering. "Perrie. Now questions are gonna start coming our way and we don't want that do we?" He turned to the staring students and nodded. "How y'all doing?"

"It doesn't matter how she acts. People already know she's a simp for Leigh-Anne so . . ." Jesy shrugged. "Could one of you give this to her for me?" She pulled a note out of her pocket.

Jade took it and set it in her blazer.

"Will you and Sairah let her play the game while you're over?" Jesy really wanted to see Leigh's reaction but of course . . . "Wait have you finished the mini version that's designed just for her?"

Jade nodded. "Yeah we finished it over the weekend. Didn't take too long since we were dedicated."

"Ooo so that leaves y'all with a lot of free time to do other stuff with each other." Prince seemed intrigued. "What have you and Sairah been up to with no game to work on Jade?"

Jade's cheeks were pink as the boys continued to tease. "Nothing. She's busy with school." She looked away.

Perrie was honking her horn. "Let's go people!"

Jesy groaned. "Relax! We're having an important convo."

Perrie growled but sat back and folded her arms.

Ray Ray smirked. "Really? So y'all aren't planning to meet up over the weekend or anything? I mean, you are girlfriends."

Jade squirmed. "Sairah says I should keep coming over but I don't know what we'll do when I'm there since we're done with the game."

"What do you mean you don't know? Isn't it obvious?" Princeton did a kissy face.

Jade groaned. "We don't kiss that often. I don't think Sairah's into it."

"Huh?" Ray scratched his head. "But you said that she was the one who wanted to kiss you that time on that highway."

"She did but she doesn't get like that often and I don't wanna be pushy." Jade shrugged. "Now let's get going before Perrie has a heart attack." She walked to her car.