Chapter 26

Monday was the day that Leigh would be meeting her aid.

"Alright everything's looking pretty good I'd say." Marcy held hands on her hips as she observed the living room.

There were snacks spread across the centre table and people sitting in the chairs. Leigh-Anne and Sairah were on the main couch while their grandparents sat at either side of the rooms in single seats.

"Sit down and relax already Marceline. If she comes in here and sees you appearing frazzled she may not want to work for you." Said their grandfather. He and their grandmother were dressed in dressy tops and crisp jeans, semi-casually.

"I think she might wanna work here more 'cause it'd look like Marcy really needs help." Sairah was playing something on her phone as she sat at the end of the couch. "Or maybe it'd look like Leigh's a lot to handle." She stroked her chin.

Leigh-Anne looked at her. "Am I?"

"Sairah come on." Marcy shook her head before sitting between Leigh and Sairah. "You're not okay? You're a good girl and just because you have a few episodes now and then doesn't mean that you're some heavy burden that weighs me down and stresses me out."

"No body said that." Their grandmother said.

"It was implied by what Sairah was saying." Marcy hissed.

Leigh-Anne didn't like this whole aid situation. She had been thinking a lot about what she had found out over the weekend and knowing that she was getting an aid didn't help her with feeling any less inadequate. Aw man. She wanted to ask more about the Jesy situation but she felt that if she did she may become upset and possibly fall into depression again. The worst part about this was that everyone was right to not fill her in on certain things. She was 'fragile'. "It's okay to say that I can be a lot at times. Not all mums have got to come into their daughters' room and find them passed out next to the toilet with a splash of throw up close by."

Sairah tsked. "When did that happen again? Was it before you got depressed or when you were falling apart because of that audition?"

Leigh-Anne sighed and rested an elbow on the arm of the chair.

"The audition." Marcy tapped Sairah's arm.

"Ah okay. So many instances to keep track of." Sairah chuckled. "What did we say? That Rachel lady's gonna teach Leigh piano too?"

"That's the plan." Their grandma sounded excited. "Sairah dear, have you put together an invite list for your nineteenth as yet? It may be at the end of the month but it's better to set up these things earlier rather than later."

"My nineteenth what?" Sairah was so lost.

"Your birthday Sairah." Leigh said while holding the side of her head with a hand.

"Oh yeah. Whoa I'm gonna be nineteen? Damn." Sairah turned her game off before facing Marcy. "Means I'll be even more qualified to help you with running things."

Marcy rolled her eyes as her parents laughed. "Nineteen is still pretty young."

"Nah. Not for me. That'd be the oldest I've ever been." Sairah said.

Marcy laughed with her parents this time.

Leigh smiled a little. Sairah was so silly. "Ask Jade and Joe to put a list together of who they'd like to come so we can have an idea of how many snacks to provide at the party."

"Who're you bringing Leigh?" Sairah asked.

"Perrie, Princeton, Ray Ray, Jungkook . . . if Craig wasn't so busy I'd invite him too but he's always got stuff doing. So that's all. And Jade'll be bringing the same people so you didn't really have to ask me. Will you lot invite Chris Drew or does he live too far?" Leigh-Anne held her head up straighter.