Prologue - Melintha

---

Welcome! This story is ongoing, but keep on reading!! It's fast paced, it's immersive and it's for FREE! Please read this short prologue and the next chapter at least and I'm sure you'll be hooked. All I would like from you is just to drop a comment or two of feedback along the way. //

Beams of golden sunlight trickled down from above the harsh mountain tops reaching down into the city beneath, bathing white rock in a warm gleam, a last hurrah of breathtaking scenery before cloaking itself in the night to come. Large aqueducts spanned across the mountains, guiding it's crystal water down deep into, and under the city. Beneath the stacked layers of stone buildings and cobblestone paths they went. Under the streets, streets of which also served as roofs to those living below, where under them the water adjoined with underground streams and canals.

Flower-adorned foliage cascaded from the rooftops and balconies up above, hanging across those streets that could manage to crawl out the shadows and catch precious sunlight. Rugged stone protruded out from corners and tunnels bore through bare mountain, connecting various districts together. Food stalls were lined across the streets and merchants sold their goods on marble floored plazas. Upon mountaintops, loomed domes and spires from temples stood firm and tall against the crisp breeze of the heavens around.

This was the city of Melintha, measured in height as much as in length and width, standing proud and elegant. The splendor matching the wondrous landscape that lay not only behind, but also before it. Vast pastures were spread across the region ahead with animals grazing in flower meadows, forests which spanned across the hillsides and with watermills claiming the rushing streams. On a clear day, one can even see the far smoldering barren land of Ùlteroks across the endless horizon. They say that the souls of the deceased still linger after "that" battle.

Yeah sorry about mentioning Ùlteroks. It's not a very happy place to say the least. It's one of the few places where there is no sentient life. If any at all. You see this world is beautiful. But not all of it is. Praising beauty means praising the gods. Have the gods in your favor and they will be nearby and protect you. Where there are no gods however, there are demons. And demons devour all that is beautiful in this world. Such is the struggle of the world, so it always has been and always shall be. Or so they say...