Adrift

"It's going to be a long ride from here on, why don't you come down inside and rest, Cynthe?" I asked. "My shirt is wet" "you can take it off if you're comfortable with that" "Well, I don't have anything under and I don't want to make you cold". "I don't mind", I replied. Her making me cold didn't bother me too much anyways, most discomfort was all in your head and I had an impeccable immune system. More important was it for Cynthe to feel comfortable.

I heard Cynthe inhale, as if she were about to say something, however falling silent. After a moment's pause, she gave a small sigh and moved about, rocking the boat a little. Not before long, I felt her chill touch against myself, as she slid into the narrow space within. Her cold, soft and delicate skin brushed against mine.

The tight space from within the kayak didn't give room for us both to lay on our backs, instead forcing us to lay on our sides. We faced each other. She kicked at my legs a little as she tried to make herself comfortable. Our breaths met halfway between us, her mouth within reach of mine. Cynthe was close. Too close for comfort. Yet not close enough. Mustering my courage, under the excuse of being cold, I wrapped an arm around her. Her back felt bare.

On cue, Cynthe shuffled to the side, closer against me. Taking her action as permission, my wrapped arm pulled her towards me in embrace. She was soft. Her touch was so soft. Electricity tingled through my head as our foreheads touched for a brief moment as I faced her. I placed my other arm beneath her head, serving to her as a pillow. She responded by wrapping her own arm around me in a hug. My hand belonging to the arm used as a pillow went over her shoulder and pushed us tighter together still.

Her body felt soft against mine. Unbelievably soft, like I could submerge and sink within the depths of her skin. Amongst her sea of comfort, with the pressure of her chest against mine, I felt two islands. Her chest. It was bare. It was pressed against mine. Amidst them nipples, cold-hardened, poked up against my skin.

"You're naked" I noted out loud.  "Um yes, but I still have underwear on" she timidly said nearly in whisper. Her words however, felt loud and clear with her being so close. I felt a bit dumb, it somehow didn't register to me earlier she would not have a breast strap or the likes beneath her shirt. I brushed my fingers alongside her back, my wish for her to stay like this being subtly signaled. Tightly holding each other in the dark, the silhouette of her face would momentarily shine divine in blueish hue at  me as we passed under the occasional glistening rock in the ceiling seen from the opening above. I wondered if she could feel the heartbeat of my chest pressed against hers.

Warmth emitted from Cynthe's being blissfully seeped into me. I could feel it magically coursing through my veins as it looped between us, our two bodies turning to one. The feeling was intoxicating. For once I felt relieved of past burdens, as if I never had harmed anyone. Never could have. The feeling of her magic had me enchanted, I couldn't get enough of it. I wanted to squeeze every last bit of sorcery out of the girl. She felt so good to be with.

The light above was enough to make out her mouth opening ever so slightly, her lips acutely close to mine. Her eyes closed. "I can't breath". The feeling was exhilarating as- huh? She can't breath? Oh. Ohhh. Being engulfed in the moment, I failed to realize I had begun to hold her harder yet against me. She was suffocating.  

"You-" she managed to say as I felt her inhale for air after I loosened my grip. "Perhaps you really planned on killing me after all" she managed to tease. "I'm sorry" I mumbled, feeling a bit ashamed. "Don't worry" she assured me. Although not being able to confirm it in the dark, I felt like Cynthe was smiling. Her breasts stroked me as she shifted her chest over a little to the side as her arms pulled me in. Reinvigorating our embrace, we lay together in silence as our little boat drifted through the underground.

Merging together with the girl in the dark, I allowed my mind too to drift away. Riding the waves of her caressing warmth circling between us, I floated. Away and beyond to a different world. A world rendering me vulnerable and weak. A world to which I posed no threat and instead was the one being protected. A world that welcomed me. To get there, Cynthe was my lighthouse.