Ancients

Hands outstretched into the dark, I led the way as I blindly led us forwards deeper into this new cave. Judging from the steady draft coming from straight ahead, it seemed like this too was some sort of narrow tunnel. As my wet cape wouldn't fit inside, I had it instead tied and wrapped around my backpack. The backpack was strapped to the front of my body, out of the way for Cynthe. I considered giving it to her instead to wear, but as tired as she was and with it being wet and cold, I'd rather be the one to carry the burden.

My knife belt was tightened now over my waist, from which the sheath on the right side was empty. Instead the small blade was in my right hand. I held the curved knife, angled 90 degrees to the right, hand shaped as a fist bump as I held it. I held the knife this way as if I pointed it upwards, should I stumble upon something in the dark, I risked stabbing myself, pointing it downwards, it Cynthe from behind. 

Following the with the boat was supposed to be quite safe. Now, worst case scenario. Nobody knew what was in these caves but I had my suspicions if there happened to be life, it would get dangerous. Real fast. Focus Andres, focus, I told myself. I was stressing myself out. It wasn't like me. I was starting to feel too vulnerable after spending time with Cynthe in the boat and then also the dream about losing her. I took a deep breath. Pulled myself together, straightened my back and proceeded, still as cautious as ever but with more confidence.

I concentrated my energy. Felt the draft come from ahead, felt the goosebumps over my body, the tension building up in my muscles. Then released it into my blade, it glowing ever more steadily with a yellow hue. I could feel Cynthe curiously looking over my shoulder, at my magic, I could feel her cold nipples hard against my skin. I could feel Cynthe, I could feel how she was scared, how she was tired, how she longed to be warm in a soft bed right now. But also how she trusted me, how she would follow me wherever, how she was so lonely without me how, how she-. I realized I wasn't even focusing on the the blade anymore, it was shining by itself, stronger than ever. 

"Cynthe?" I wondered aloud, a little amazed. I could feel her smile. "Magic transfer, boy" she mused. "You have the energy, I am just letting you borrow my magic flow, my channels". I knew it wasn't so simple as she made it sound, for her to use her affinity for magic through me, as someone with a totally different magical constitution to her, she had more talent than what I already presumed. I felt pride. We felt. Our feelings seamlessly intertwined with each other, as shared magic coursed through our veins, her hands on my chest feeling as natural as if they were my own body parts and where up against my back, erect amongst her otherwise soft breasts, her -"Andres!" Cynthe exclaimed a little flustered. "Stop focusing on my boobs will you?" she teased playfully. "Says the one that's busy rubbing them against my back" I countered with a smile.