Chapter Five: Science Lab. 

"Class settle down," Mr

"Class settle down," Mr. Rose, my English teacher, said. "I have an announcement to make," she smiled softly. "As most of you may know, the West school's lab exploded and so did a part of the school itself,"

A couple of gasps and murmurs were passed through the class, I actually didn't know that.

"Well, thankfully no one was hurt but the actual school building, so our school offered to give west a part of our school and some of the students will share this class with you." She landed the final bomb.

Just when she finished speaking the class door opens and the school's secretary walks in, followed by six other people, three girls and three boys and with just my luck, Atlas is one of them.

He spotted me then he winked.

Winked.

I rolled my eyes.

There were a couple of groans from the rest of the class that didn't like the whole mixaroo, well we were all raised to a rivalry with each other, what did we expect?

Ms. Rose shushed the class, "introduce yourselves," she said to the new kids.

There was a Marla with bright green eyes and pretty blonde hair, a Natalie with dark hair and soft brown eyes and Lana with brown hair and piercing blue eyes, kinda like Atlas. Then there are the boys, Dylan and Parker which are oddly similar so I'm going to say that they're twins; both are tall, not as tall as Atlas, brown eyes, tan skin and goofy smiles playing on their lips. Then there is August Atlas, bright blue eyes, dark brown hair, impressive height. The only new detail is that his usual smile or smirk is replaced with a poker face that's more like a glare.

"Sit wherever you want," Mr. Rose said and the six moved around to find a seat, Atlas made a beeline towards the seat next to me, which was always unoccupied.

"Hello, Jade." He whispered, his glare turned into a soft look.

"Hi Atlas," I muttered and when back to doodling on my notebook.

"Fancy seeing you here," he nudged me.

"Not really,"

"What are you doing?" He nudged me again.

"Nothing," I whispered.

"Come on sunshine," he nudged me again, making me drop my pencil to the floor, I looked up at him so I can glare at him properly, but the pure mirth in his eyes made a soft smile overcome my lips.

"Stop nudging me," I whispered, thank god I sit in the last row so nobody can actually see us.

"Nope," he shook his head. I flicked his nose and turned back to my notebook.

***

Lunch is one brutal son of a bitch.

I hate it here.