Chapter Three

(Steve's pov)

I was a little confused when I got Bucky's message, but I agreed to meet him at the address he said.

When I got there, I saw that it was near a warehouse in Queens. That was strange. Was this where Bucky went when he wasn't at the tower? I always just figured he had an apartment somewhere.

A moment later, Bucky walked out of the warehouse and came over.

"So," He said, "I guess you've figured out somethings up with me, huh?"

"Yeah, I have." I said, "And I have respected your privacy for a while but I hope I could get a little bit of an answer."

"Yeah, I know. Sorry, Steve." Bucky said, "So, I have someone for you to meet. Come inside."

I crossed my arms and followed him into the warehouse. On the outside, it looked like an average abandoned building, but as I walked inside, I saw ropes with traps leading down long corridor. What were they for? And they were covered in signs with pictures and writing on them, saying what they did. They seemed quite childish. Did Bucky write them?

"Ok, um, this may come as a shock to you but-" Bucky was interrupted by a boy running in yelling. It took me a moment to realise that he was the boy from the alley that beat up that guy. So this is who Bucky wanted me to meet.

"Hey, dad, when's Captain America going to get here I really wanna meet- Woah! He's already here!" The boy said, his eyes wide in awe.

"Uh, Steve," Bucky said, obviously nervous, "This is my... son, Peter."

I stared and Bucky look increasingly uncomfortable. Peter just stood there, his eyes wide. No one moved until I started smiling, and Bucky smiled back.

"Hi, Peter." I said, "Do you know why Bucky didn't tell me about you before?"

"He didn't know how you would react I think." Peter frowned. "Oh, by the way, did my dad tell you I'm named after you?"

I frowned, "What, Peter?" I wasn't sure what he meant.

"No, that's my first name. My middle name is Steven." Peter said, beaming.

I looked at Bucky, "You named your son after me?"

"Uh, yeah. I'm sorry if you didn't want me to. I mean, I can't really change it, can I?" Bucky mumbled.

"No, I love it. I just can't believe it!" I smiled and Bucky smiled back.

"Yay! Now I know my uncle Steve!" Peter yelled excitedly. "Ooh, can I meet the rest of the Avengers?" He looked at me expectantly.

I didn't know what to say, so I just looked at Bucky. He seemed reluctant to say yes, so I didn't say it either.

"I really think it's up to your dad, Peter." His face fell and I hated seeing him sad, even though I hadn't known him long. "But, I'll try to convince him." Peter cheered and ran off to play some game.

I followed Bucky into what seemed to be the kitchen and he turned round to talk.

(Bucky's pov)

It was a huge weight off of my chest, telling Steve about Peter. As we walked into the kitchen area, it hit me. No more worrying whether he still trusted me, whether he wad worried about me or scared for (or of) me. And, now I knew he was ok with Peter's name. I always wanted to name my kid after someone, and I could only think of Steve and it kind of stuck.

I turned to face Steve and realised he was waiting for me to say something. Of course, I didn't have anything to say, so I just opened my mouth, hoping something would come out. It didn't.

The situation quickly became awkward and I didn't really know what to do. Things had never been awkward between me and Steve. What should I do now?

"So," He started, "Why didn't you tell me before?"

"I didn't know how you'd react." That was the truth. Kind of. I didn't tell him that I had lied awake some nights, worried about what he'd think of me as a father for letting all that horrible stuff happen to Peter.

"Did I react how you though I would?" Steve said and I paused. Did he?

"You reacted how the rational side of my mind thought you would." I said nervously.

"And how about the other side?"

"Not so much." I moved over to the fridge and got two beers out. "Want a drink?" He nodded and I threw him a can, sure he would catch it, even if he wasn't looking. I sat down on a stool and he sat down the opposite side of the table so we were facing each other.

"I have a question to ask you about Peter." Steve said, frowning slightly.

"Ask away."

"How was he able to easily fight that guy in the alley?" Damn. I knew that was coming.

He asked and I told him. I told him everything. I told him how HYDRA took Peter to get to me, and how they never let him go, experimenting on him and keeping him in cryo freeze, like me but for the whole seventy years. I told him how I got him out, soon after Steve got me out. I told him how we had been living here for a while and I had been visiting any time I could. I told him that I was sorry I had kept this from him and I felt bad, but I also told him I felt it was something I should do. That I should only tell him when the time was right. I can admit now that the time is most definitely not right, considering the only reason I told him was because he saw him fighting in an alley, but it was fine all the same.

"Wow," Steve said when I had finished, "I'm so sorry, Buck. I promise I'll try and help out, be the best uncle to Peter."

I smiled, "Thank you, that means a lot to know you'd look after him."

"Do you know who else would be great uncles and aunts?" Steve grinned slightly and I sighed.

"Let me guess. Tony, Clint, Natasha, Bruce, Thor and all the other Avengers?" I deadpanned and Steve nodded quickly. How bad could it be? I mean, really? Oh, I suppose I'll give it a try. "Fine. He can meet them."

I could tell Steve was about to respond, but he stopped when we heard whooping and cheering from the living room.

"Shit!" I cried.

"Language!" I frowned at Steve and turned to the spot where Peter had just run in.

"I forgot about your super hearing." I groaned and Peter kept dancing about chanting 'I'm gonna meet the Avengers'.

"Well," Steve said, "It's going to be an exciting few days."

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/N

Hey, I had a lot of fun writing this chapter for you guys xx

I finished it on a Wednesday night so I'm sorry if it gets a little sloppy towards the end x

Pls forgive any mistakes, I do try to make everything make sense but I guess it's hard sometimes

Oh well, bye xx

Words: 1100