Start of it all

David Clarke," she breathed, her chest collapsing at the words. Conrad Grayson narrowed his icy blue gaze, studying her intently.

"You think he's the solution?"

"He's the only solution." She let her fingers touch the extravagant earrings the way she sometimes did when she was nervous.

"I thought you loved the man. I was worried you were leaving me for him," Conrad muttered dryly, pouring a glass of bourbon.

"Don't let the marriage certificate fool you, Conrad. We are strangers," she grabbed the glass from his grip and tossed back the dark alcohol. Without another word, she brushed past him and headed up the stairs to her room.

Once alone on her balcony, she let the tears fall freely as she watched the tiny beach cottage. She had loved David Clarke more than she thought possible. Her husband wasn't far off. She was planning to escape with him. And with the child she was keeping secret. She ran a hand over her flat stomach, wondering about the baby her and David had created.

She had planned to tell David the truth, about the pregnancy. But she waited for him to confess a few truths of his own first. He never did.

His wife wasn't dead, although she understood how he wished she were. She had tried to drown her own daughter, Amanda. He had locked her up, hidden her in a mental institution but he was too late. Kara Clarke was pregnant and ready to go into labor. She had scheduled a visitation. She needed to see Kara just once to try to understand how David could have lied about it all.

The next day, she wore a purple dress with a simple gold necklace. She studied herself in the mirror, turning her neck slightly to examine herself as she fixed her loose curls. She was trying to look ordinary. For Victoria Grayson, there was no such thing. With a sigh, she stood, knowing it was as average as she could muster.

"She had this child a week ago?" Victoria frowned, her mouth turning into one straight line.

"You aren't listed on the paperwork..." the nurse stammered nervously.

"I'm listed on the plaque. Do you know why they call it the Grayson wing?" She didn't raise her voice but Victoria Grayson didn't have to in order to prove a point.

"Sorry, Ma'am."

"Just take me to see the Clarke's." Neither woman said another word as Victoria's heels echoed through the silent hallway. As they entered another long corridor, the desperate cries of an infant bounced from the walls.

"Has anyone checked on this child?" She glanced around, wincing at the heartbreaking wails.

"We couldn't hear him from so far away."

"Perhaps my family could donate baby monitors next time since a wing is too great of a responsibility." She glanced away in disgust. As she turned to enter the room she saw the tiny bundle. An underweight infant, screaming at the foot of the bed. Kara laid in the bed, her back to the doorway as she watched tv, ignoring the child.

"Mrs. Clarke, your friend is here," the nurse whispered.

"She's not a friend. She's a home wrecker," Kara glared at Victoria.

"The way David tells it there isn't a home for me to wreck," Victoria fired back defensively. She stepped closer, scooping up the baby. "If a baby is crying, they aren't asking you to turn the volume up on the television." She scolded, smiling at the infant.

"It's a boy," she corrected. "But I'm not touching that demon." She turned the channel to the news, where David's arrest was breaking news. "The man we both loved is a terrorist. A monster. I should have drown both of his children. They're evil just like him."

Victoria looked down into the sweet green eyes of the baby. He instantly calmed, making soft cooing noises and smiling at her.

"What is his name?" She asked, smiling at the boy. His eyes reminded her of the kindness she felt when she saw David.

"He doesn't have one."

"What do you mean? What have you been calling him?"

"A mistake," Kara hissed.

Victoria instinctively clutched the child to her chest. "He's coming with me," she whispered although she knew Kara didn't care. Without another word, she took the baby back to Grayson Manor.

"Have you lost your damn mind, Victoria?" Conrad yelled. He ran a hand through his grey hair in exasperation.

"Conrad, the child needs a home," she tried to defend herself. "No one knows it's his child. It isn't like we can't afford to adopt another son..."

"Victoria..." he sighed, trying to refuse his wife. Instead, she swayed over to him, popping up to sit on his desk, knowing his eyes were studying her long, bare legs. "Be reasonable," he whispered.

She touched the silk of his tie, pulling him closer. She let her tongue move over his lower lip, pleading for entry. He obeyed, pulling her into a heated kiss as his hands tangled in her hair.

"He's the son of your lover," Conrad frowned when he pulled away.

"You must not be as strong as I am. I would have raised Stevie's child."

"No you wouldn't." His response elicited a deep, throaty laugh that he found erotic and irresistible.

"Of course. What a power play, hmm? To raise their child. Make them love you most. All the while screwing the one person they loved. Total domination, Conrad." She raised an eyebrow. She knew this was her chance to seduce him and convince him the child she was pregnant with was his. Conrad wouldn't raise two of David Clarke's children. "Show me how ruthless you can be," she provoked him on purpose, biting his earlobe as her legs wrapped around his waist. His hands hadn't even moved up to her thigh and she knew she had gotten everything she wanted.

(AN show Revenge belongs to following Mike Kelley Productions (seasons 1–2) Temple Hill Productions ABC Studios im not getting profit from it im just writing for fun of it )