CHAPTER 19 - POWER OF THE SEA

The day went like a dream, cuddling me whenever he was next to me. Hot passionate kisses fell. Sometime after noon, I decided that I hid a lot from my friends and that it was time to go to them. I was going to do it myself, but he wasn't separating from me. Good extra power always comes in handy, and I wanted him to meet Mrs. Lucia. We decided to come home after three days when he does the job he has to do. I didn't want to ask who or when. The important thing is that he's here now and we're together. I was adjusting to our bond. I felt everything he felt, and so he felt everything I felt. The only thing that didn't suit me in our bond was that it got into my head too easily. But he'll learn it's not a good idea to get into one woman's head, let alone his own wife.

"Are you ready? Victoria's gone to get everything ready for the meeting and the road that awaits us."

"Here, I'm ready, nervous, but ready."

"Everything's going to be okay, you really have nothing to be nervous about!"

"It's easy for you to say. First, I'm going to strangle Barbara for letting me get so embarrassed!"

"And then I'm going to strangle her because almost my heart betrayed me when I saw you hanging on that string!"

He hugged me in the back and pressed a kiss in my face. I loved his gentle touches. For 20 years I lived alone, maybe the sun finally started to shine on me. I need to call Max and explain my situation to him. Another problem I created, but I'll leave it for later, I'll go in order, problem by problem. I haven't even had a decent talk with Alexei yet. We have a lot to deal with. I put on the clothes I borrowed from Victoria, tight leather pants and a matching T-shirt. Well, please, who wears forty-degree leather pants in summer temperatures?! It was all hanging on me because she was taller and thinner than me. Luckily, I was able to zip up at critical points. My breasts are about to sleep out. I rolled my eyes and readily took it under my arm. We started on foot because it took only fifteen minutes to walk from the hotel to the house. Already on the way out of the hotel there were rumors and a few contemptuous looks of women. I put on a smile and took a tighter grip on it.

"Slowly, you'll break your arm if you take me even tighter," his already beautiful face shone through.

I felt within myself a rush of vibrancy and happiness, his happiness that he could finally walk alongside me. I relaxed and didn't bother with anyone else anymore. I have to get used to having someone to rely on now and not being alone anymore. Time passed quickly and in the blink of an eye we found ourselves at the door of the house. Mrs. Lucia sat on the terrace sipping her dose of coffee, with Barbara lying next to her on a sun lounger with his circles and a bag of ice in her hand. She took the ice off her head and looked at me mowed down.

"Good afternoon, I haven't had time to check in before. Let me meet you, Mrs. Lucia, this is my husband Alexei. And this young lady Barbara, who I'm going to drown at the first opportunity!"

"Come on, admit you had the time of your life. I'm very glad to finally meet you, Alexei! We've heard a lot about you, of course good!" said Barbara, uniquely only to her, as I rolled my eyes and blushed in my face like some kind of slob.

But there was, as usual, Mrs. Lucia to save the day.

"I'm glad to finally meet you. Please sit down and forgive my niece who is unusually changing today."

I burst out laughing along with Barbara. We sat at a table on the terrace and relaxed. Mrs. Lucia served us coffee and sweet cakes. I told you what happened, but without the juicy details Barbara of course expected me to share with her. Making sad faces, she made us all laugh. Alexei didn't let go of my hand, which he held under his desk.