This Isn't Training! Ch.4

During the whole walk back, Hu Tao was pouting and complaining. "I can't believe that blonde boy and his pet fairy! They messed up my whole plan! Though I shouldn't look badly upon them..." She sighed and stopped.

"You know what, Y/n? Lets do something relaxing tomorrow. After work of course!" She giggled and began walking again. It felt like new ideas came out of her mouth each time she took a step. Spa, karaoke, watching Yun Jin's opera, cuddling... wait cuddling?!?

     "Oh! Oh! I know! Lets go to the beach! Oh, that sounds so nice! The beach, huh?" She sighed dreamily. That doesn't sound too bad. "Oh! We can invite Mr. Zhongli, Yanfei, Ganyu, the Traveler I guess, Xiangling, Beidou, and maybe if we're lucky, Lady Keqing and Ningguang!" I didn't like the sound of Yanfei. But at least Beidou was going to be there. The Traveler was nice, too. He probably wouldn't want to come due to Hu Tao's tantrum last night though.

     "Oh, and my dear Y/n," Hu Tao stopped and grabbed my shoulders. She brought her face very close to my ear, and whispered, "Could you deliver the messages for me? I'll give you a reward~." I gently pushed her off of me, embarrassed. "I can talk to them, but I don't need a reward. I already get paid quite enough for my job." I held my hand over the ear she whispered in. I could still feel her lips touching against it. She laughed like it was the most hilarious thing she ever saw. Why do I still fall for these tricks of hers? Wait— no I don't!

After delivering the messages— not able to get through to Ningguang, Keqing, or Ganyu, I decided to confront Hu Tao about not helping me with my vision. Its like she was avoiding it!

Walking into the funeral parlor, I set a serious look on my face. Almost immediately, I was greeted by Hu Tao— who clung to me like she hadn't seen me in years.

    "Y/n!~~" I ignored the call of my name and pryed her off of me. "Hu Tao be considerate, what if I don't want a hug from you?" She held her chin with her hand as she scanned me, her smile fading.

     "You're upset?" She finally said after a good twenty minutes of staring. Hu Tao was pretty bad at reading the room, so I'm surprised it was only twenty. I sighed. "Hu Tao, I asked you to help me with my vision, and now we're going to the beach?" I tried not to sound too mean. Hu Tao tucked her hands behind her back, and moved her leg nervously. "Well... it wouldn't hurt to have a little vacation and stop worrying for a while, right?" She pouted and talked in a pouty voice.

     I lightened up. Was she just trying to cheer me up? Or was she throwing work aside? I didn't know. I bit my bottom lip, hoping I hadn't hurt her feelings. "I suppose it wouldn't." Hu Tao instantly smiled and threw herself on me, again. "Yay! Yay! We'll have so much fun!" I felt bad, so I let her cling to me this time.