[chapter nine: the beginning of an end]

"A foreboding atmosphere fills the air. An eerie stillness chokes our lungs."

The Eternals were now on the Domo, an eerie sense of nostalgia waved through Astraea.

"What are you doing?" Phastos asked, "You know you're creeping us out right?" He said, annoyed and partially scared. Suddenly a loud pop was heard, Phastos let out a shriek. Everyone burst into laughter.

"Oh. Ha ha. It's just chips." He said.

"You okay, P?" Astraea asked, trying to contain her laughter. Phastos brushed himself off and nodded.

"As you can see, being an Eternal does not preclude you from having human emotions such as cowardice." Kingo said as the Eternals arrived at the base of the ship, the main room they've spent endless of days hanging out with each other as family.

Phastos let out a distured gasp, "What has she done!"

The Eternals were now face to face with a room full of books, food, artifacts, and a reading Makkari on a throne.

"Is that a sarcophagus in my lab?!"

Astraea ran to her friend who was already halfway to her, bringing her into a tight hug. "Is it time to go home?" Makkari signed. Astraea pursed her lips, and shook her head. Makkari looked disappointed but hugged her again.

~
~
~

As Phastos began to mingle, Astraea walked around the room, her attention caught onto a green slab on one of the tables full of artifacts. Astraea gasped, "That cheeky speedster, she actually found it." She whispered to herself, as her hands and eyes examined the infamous emerald tablet Makkari was set to find all those years ago.

"So, how did you end up scoring this Emerald Tablet, my beautiful, beautiful Astraea?" Druig said, snatching the tablet out of her grip. "I thought it was a myth?"

"Hey! Give it back, Dru." She said, snatching back the tablet from him. "And as you can see, there are no myths when it comes to Makkari."

Druig chuckled and brought her into an embrace settling his head on top of hers, breathing in her lovely scent of warm vanilla and cinnamon. He sighed contently. She wrapped her arms around his waist, her face contently laid onto his chest. They were enjoying this moment until groaning and quiet gags interrupted them. "I know you're married but maybe stop being grossly cute in front of us." Kingo said.

The couple only rolled their eyes and chuckled. "Come on love, we need to get you to control the mind of a celestial." She said.

"Alright alright." He pressed a swift kiss onto his wife's lips. "What'd ya got for us, Phastos?"

"Okay, get ready for it." Phastos said. He used his powers to show the Eternals... bracelets?

"Bracelets? You made us bracelets?" Kingo asked, confused.

"So, here's a little Celestial 101. Celestials are the most powerful energy generators in the universe. When Arishem made us, he imbued us with infinite cosmic energy to keep our bodies regenerating. The bracelets, in theory, shut down our regeneration process. And once that happens, our bodies accumulate extra cosmic energy." Phastos explained.

"What for?" Sersi asked.

"Well, theoretically, if the Deviants can absorb our energy, we could absorb each other's energy as well. If Phastos can find a way to connect us all, one of us could become immensely powerful, pulling the accumulated energy from the rest, forming a ...." Astraea trailed off, looking at Phastos.

"Unimind." Phastos answered.

The Eternals stood quietly, processing this information.

"'Uni' meaning one and 'mind' meaning well mind." Phastos said awkwardly.