[chapter ten: the final battle]

The Eternals all stood in the common room of the Domo. All looking sad and heartbroken.

"Why did Sprite go with him?" Makkari signed, breaking the silence.

"Because she's in love with him." Kingo responded .

Everyone looked at Kingo surprised. "What? You guys didn't pick up on that?" Kingo said, sighing. "He really fooled us, didn't he?"

Kingo gathered his stuff, "Karun, let's go."

Phastos looked up, "Wait, where the hell are you going?"

"I can't help you guys. I still think Ikaris is right." Kingo said.

"So that's it? You're just gonna follow him?"

"I love the people of this planet. But if you stop this emergence, you are preventing so many other worlds like this one from being created. I still have faith in Arishem. But I refuse to hurt any of you for my beliefs." Kingo said, sadly.

"But, we need you." Astraea said.

Kingo looked at his sister, "Even with my help, we're no match. It's Ikaris we're talking about. But, I do hope to see you in the next planet."

"Thank you for all you've done.. for humanity. It's been a great honor." Karun said, sniffling. "I will miss you all."

With that, he followed Kingo and left. Leaving the Eternals once again heartbroken.

"Well, if I'm gonna get myself killed going up against Ikaris, we'll need to have a backup plan." Druig said. Astraea looked at him, her eyebrows knit and a small frown adorned her lips. "Don't say that, my love. You are not dying."

Druig looked at her and  gave her a small smile, signifying he will try to listen to her.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial, so..."

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree." Druig countered.

"I'm sorry what?!" Phastos said, "You didn't want to tell me that?" He said, surprised and offended she didn't tell him.

"I don't know how it happened, okay? And I'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again." Sersi said.

"Well now's the time to try, don't you think?" Phastos said.

"Phastos, the deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not kill it." Sersi said. "I can't kill a Celestial." She said, exasperated.

"Sersi, Sersi.." Phastos began, getting annoyed as well.

" We can't! We can't kill a Celestial." She said.

"It's okay Sersi, I got this." Druig said.

~

~

~

A little while later, Phastos had successfully created the bracelets needed for the Unimind with the sphere used to speak with Arishem.

The team walked to their stations, bracelets ready on their wrists, suits magically establishing themselves onto them.

Astraea raised her right hand to her chest as her mint blue suit appeared onto her body. She missed the suit. She missed the adventures of the olden days where their biggest threat was a deviant or two attacking a small city. Once her suit was on she walked to the rest who were all waiting on the beach.

"Gorgeous as ever, my dove." Druig said, once he saw her. Astraea smiled at him, a tang feeling of panic coursed through her, what if this was the end? She grabbed a hold of Druig's cheeks and pulled him into a kiss. As he kissed back, Astraea could feel streams of tears running down her cheeks. She pulled away, caressing his cheekbones.