Chapter Three

It was really quiet as Kagome and Usagi sat down for lunch that the miko prepared. After Usagi took a bite of the Mahi-Mahi, she asked, "So how is it?" It had been a while since Kagome cooked for someone other than herself so she wasn't sure if this man would like how she cooked.

Usagi took his time tasting the fish Kagome had prepared for them. The way she cooked it was steamed with just the right amount of spices. Even the miso soup was delicious along with the rice. His new freeloader was a hell of a chef. Everything she made just for lunch practically melted in his mouth.

"It's delicious. Not too spicy yet nowhere near mild. Everything you made was very good." He complimented truthfully with an upturn of his lips.

Kagome sighed in relief, glad that she hadn't lost her touch in cooking. Kagome took a bit of her own food, sighing mentally, the day wasn't even half over and she was tired.

The two sat in silence as they ate their lunch; they were just comfortable in each other's presence. Kagome was about to say something when the door opened and a woman ran in.

Her appearance was so sudden that it almost made Kagome fall out of her seat before the woman spoke up, "Sensei! Where's the manuscript for your latest book? The deadline is supposed to be today!"

Usagi's eyes widened momentarily before he internally cursed. At Kagome's appearance today and his curiosity of her while she was cooking, he had forgotten that he still needed a good twenty to thirty pages to go for his manuscript. Not even sparing a glance at his editor, Usagi spoke, "I'm almost done with it. Just let me finish eating first before I get back to work."

Before Aikawa was about to say something, she then took notice of the young woman Usagi was eating with. Despite that she looked no older than Misaki, she was very beautiful and petite with long black hair and deep blue eyes. 'Who is this girl?' Aikawa asked her self before gasping at the sudden conclusion that her sensei was cheating on Misaki with a woman.

Although she had to admit that the girl was beautiful enough to make a Yaoi man turn straight and a straight woman turn Yuri.

Kagome smiled at the woman, "My name is Higurashi Kagome...it's a pleasure to meet you."

Aikawa blinked, this girl seemed like she came out of a book, "Um... it's nice to meet you; I'm Aikawa, Usami-sensei's editor."

Usagi silently watched the exchange between the two, "She is also staying with me for the time being... she is Misaki's cousin."

Aikawa smiled taking Kagome's hands into hers, "That's why you're so cute, you're related to little Misaki!"

Kagome kept smiling and nodded while thinking, 'Is this woman hitting on me...or is it just me?'

"Um... technically we're distant cousins, but Misaki and I are still close." Kagome pointed out as Aikawa took a seat in the empty seat next to her while still holding her hands.

Usagi watched both women get into conversation as he continued eating. He could ultimately tell that his editor was starting to like Kagome, especially after hearing that the college girl was somehow related to Misaki. The novelist had a feeling that Kagome was gonna get a lot of attention, whether it's wanted or not.

Once he was done eating, he told the two that he was going to bring down what he had on the manuscript so far before Kagome said that she'd deal with the dishes as he and Aikawa got to work.

Aikawa sat down on the couch across from Usagi, reading the manuscript, she 'hmm-ed' as she turned to the next page. She repeated this process until she got to some blank pages. She turned the page over to see if anything was on the back, but to no avail, there was nothing. Her hands tightened on the papers in her hand, a vain throbbing in her forehead.