Chapter Five

It was a Sunday and the sound of keys on a keyboard could be heard clicking from Kagome's laptop as she continued to type for the second volume of her book series. The book series was a retelling of her trips to the past, with the renaming of her friends and the humans and demons she had encountered. The night before, she had already finished the last chapter of her first volume and was now starting the first chapter of Volume Two.

This was the book she told Aikawa-san about on the first day she went to university. Kagome knew that the older woman would be happy to hear that she was finally finished with the manuscript for her first book. But Kagome was a little hesitant to let a professional editor like Aikawa read her work.

Pausing in her typing to stretch, a knock came to her door before she gave permission to let them enter. The door opened to reveal Misaki telling her that lunch was just about ready.

"Okay, Misaki. I'll be right down." She smiled before turning back to her laptop and finishing the chapter of Volume 2 of her book series.

The moment Misaki caught sight of what Kagome was wearing made him blush at how cute yet sexy she looked. She wore a short but loose white tank top that had angel wings printed on the back and with straps that seem to fall off her shoulders every now and then and a pair of short boy shorts. And her long raven hair was pulled up in a high messy bun that was held up by a pencil.

Despite it being autumn, it was pretty warm today but it was beautiful weather to wear not so thick clothes and open up the windows to air the place out. And Kagome had the right idea of opening her balcony door and wearing some casual house clothes.

Seeing a small stack of papers next to Kagome's laptop, curiosity got the better of Misaki as he walked up to Kagome's workspace and looked over her shoulder. On the top page, Misaki could read, "Trials of a Holy Maiden - Volume I: The Feudal Fairytale Begins by Higurashi Kagome".

The green-eyed boy guess that this was the book Kagome was talking about with Aikawa-san. Even the title made it sound so interesting even though he never heard what it was about.

Glancing at Kagome, he didn't fail to notice the span of her slender neck nor did he miss her scent of mint and green tea. Misaki could feel himself getting lightheaded from the simple but sweet scent. The modest but tempting view of her cleavage from where he stood didn't help as his heartbeat picked up bit, his face and the rest of his body started to warm up before he swallowed, his mouth suddenly feeling dry.

Feeling someone looking over her shoulder, Kagome paused in her typing for a moment before continuing as she spoke without looking up from her laptop screen, "Is there anything else, Misaki?"

Her voice was enough to bring him back to reality, making him stutter a bit before clearing his throat and asking almost quickly, "Um... Is- uh, that the book that Aikawa-san mentioned the day you first moved in?"

"Yep, and I just finished it late last night. Aikawa-san said that if she liked it, there's a chance that she'll be able to publish it." Kagome answered with a grin, pretty excited yet nervous about giving the manuscript to Aikawa. Hopefully the older woman would like it.

"So if all goes well, this could be your first publishing..." Misaki said softly, happy that Kagome's dream could be realized sooner than she believed.

With an affirmed nod, Kagome inwardly thought sheepishly, 'Although, these are practically my diaries rewritten in third person, the rest of the world and any who read it will think it nothing more than a fairytale...'

From the doorway, Usagi was leaning against the doorframe watching Misaki acting like he was still in high school. He saw how the younger boy acted but for some reason it didn't bother him. But as a man, he couldn't blame Misaki for acting the way he was since he understood that Kagome was a very attractive young woman in her own right and she took very good care of herself. She was also very polite, spoke her mind, and had a lot of other traits that any intelligent man would want in a woman.