Chapter Thirteen: More New Faces

Previously...

"Okay. Let's get to the track." Braedey announced, him and the others now leaving with their vehicles for the track. "Good luck out there, and take care."

"You too." Speed nodded as they go forth to the track.

"Time for Silverbolt to race." Kou announced, now lowering the visor on his helmet.

~*~*~

Down on the track, there seems to be some kind of confrontation or something going on. The group now get out of their cars and now made their way over to the group of people to see what's happening.

"Hey. What's going on?" Speed now asked to one of the folks.

"There's been news of a new track being made for the upcoming season cup." One teenager answered back. "Some are speculating about what track it might be."

"Some are even putting bets on them." Mitch added in.

"Really? All this for some ridiculous speculations?" Kou questioned as he walked up. "I mean, really?"

"It's just the way those folks are." Blaze countered.

"By the way, have you heard about anything interesting regarding this new track?" Kou asked to the others.

"Your guess is as good as mine." Speed answered back honestly.

"Maybe it's on a sweets and candy racetrack." Conor suggested, the others giving him a blank look. "Or not."

"Right now, I'd be more concerned about our next exam rather than the race." Braedey commented, the others all snickering in response. "What? It's true."

Blaze smiled, but his internal senses were giving him a warning. He lowered a visor over his eyes, which was now bringing up a scan of the area, some cameras in places activating in response, and Blaze checks one of the cameras, a group of black/green muscle cars driving past it on a stretch of road a few miles away from the academy.

'Hmm

'Hmm... Very peculiar.' Blaze thought to himself, now sending the footage to Human/Autobot Alliance HQ for Jackson Martin to decipher and to inform him. 'Let us hope there's some good news from this...'

"Hey, guys. Look at this." Braedey's voice spoke up, the others now walking over to see what he has found. "It looks like this race is what could be described as a survival race."

"A survival race?" Conor asked in concern.

"Hey, lanky legs. Relax." Kou said to Conor. "But, for all intents of understanding, what is this survival race?" He asked to Braedey.

"Not sure. Looks like we'll find out during... Professor Aniskov's class." Speed muttered.

"He's not really the best of teachers, but he means well." Lucy stated, then she patted Speed's shoulder in reassurance. "You'll do fine."