Hunter Exam Part 6: Out of the Forest

The next morning was a beautiful morning, clear sky, birds chirping and a nice breeze at that. Kagero was feeling like she wasn't going to get any more exciting encounters until the exam was over so it would be best for her to train in the meantime.

Walking around Kagero found a huge tree in a condensed part of the forest just a little ways away from the lake. She would continue her jumping training. She had her new weights on for about a week now and she hadn't really done much with them since, as in training, not the examination. It didn't count as training. Besides, all she had done was running so far and the sparing with Netero. Other than that she didn't get any training in for a week!

She jumped as high as she could and reached about a third of the trees height, and let's just say that this tree was fairly large. It was high enough to land on one of the few actually thick branches on the tree. She tried again and went a bit higher and grabbed onto a thinner branch, she did ten pull ups with one arm and ten with the other and let go. She plummeted to the ground and landed as softly and quietly as she could.

She wouldn't want to leave a huge crater in the ground like Netero and how she had in a previous phase. She had to control how her body buckled when landing to adsorb the force properly. Like when you're on a trampoline and someone double bounces you and you go flying. You land and use your knees to adsorb the force so you don't fly off the damn trampoline into the freakin' wall.

After an hour of two of doing this she felt someone's presence getting closer. She jumped to the highest part of the tree and saw that it was Bodoro. Deciding that he wasn't a threat she continued training unless he got closer.

He did indeed get closer and she ran off to another spot around the lake. This area was open and had a flat surface.

This time she wanted to get used to her rollerblades. She cleared the area of debris, such as sticks and larger rocks, and started rollerblading in a circle at a moderate speed. After getting the footing right she went and tried spinning and combat forms with them on. Frankly, it was difficult. It was hard to get a secure footing since they were, well... wheels. But soon she found out that it was impossible to move right or left without moving forward, unless she side stepped.

So after she got the hang of that she got used to spinning on one foot with one wheel, this meant going on your tip toes to go on the front wheel so you have a smaller pivot point and could twirl on that one point. Like a figure skater. Though this is extremely difficult, if you leaned forwards or backwards you would fall immediately. She found out that you can spin while moving, but the hard part was constantly shifting your center of gravity to move as you spin.

She got the basics of that down. The sun was starting to set, though she wanted to get more hours of training in. So she hunted as she trained. She chased deer and rabbits around, by not touching the ground. She wasn't floating, oh no she wasn't, she was wall jumping off the trees with her roller-shoes.

Once she caught her food after a tiring game of tag she ate and meditated. Then the moon was up and shining so she went to bed after doing flexibility stretches.

The next few days went on like this until she was training in the trees and caught up so someone. Killua, someone was following him, one of those Amori brothers. Deciding to be the nice guy (girl) and seeing that he was all alone she went and gone up to him.

"Hey, Killua."

"Kagero?"

"You know someone's following you right."

"Of course, the idiots stubborn and won't come out." Killua furrowed his brow.

"You shouldn't make that face" She poked the center of his eyebrows and Killua looked up, "Or it'll stick."