Chapter 2

I hope they like us and that they are nice people.

The drive to the airport was filled with an awkward silence. Luke and I sat in the back of the social workers car, worry evident on both our faces, but not a word was spoken between us the whole rid.

Luke can come off...well a bit like a butthole if you don't know him. He can be cold, but with me, I see a whole different side of him when we are alone.

He tells me everything, to people looking in we may seem not that close for twins, but in truth when we are not together we are texting and when we are alone we talk about everything. He knows me better than anyone.

Pulling up to the airport I am snapped out of my thoughts when I see a massive black jet out the window.

Wow, they must be very wealthy.

I think to myself. I can tell I am not the only one in the car thinking this from the looks on both my brothers and Mr.Michaels faces.

Stepping out of the car we are greeted by a flight attendant who we follow onto the jet after saying our goodbyes to Mr.Michaels.

The jet is sooo cool! The leather seat were so comfy that I literally slept the whole flight to Italy. I was woken up the same flight attendant we were with earlier.

Looking around I see Lukas waiting for me and soon enough we are off the jet, standing in front of a really expensive looking car.

Yep definitely got a lot of cash.

I was thinking to my self just as a man appears from with in the car. He looks like an older version of Luke, I'm guessing he is our father.

"Hello bambino's. My name is Marco Salvatore, and I'm your father... called it...it is really great to see you both" I gave him a small smile and a shy 'hello'.

Lukas just stood there barley acknowledging our father at all. "Well why don't we get going, your brothers are very excited to see you both." And just like that we get into the black car and head to our new home.

After about an hour of driving we pulled up to a massive black gate with two men standing in front of it.

Once they saw our father the gate immediately started to open and the two men moved to the side to let us in. After about five more minutes we pulled up to a huge house...WAIT NO! A MANSION!, Yeah that's right a fricken mansion.

Ok so they don't just have money, they are rich, rich.

Luke hasn't said a word since the plane rid here, I wonder what he is thinking. Not much was said in the car either, it was mainly our father asking us questions to which I would just kinda give a one word answer.

I wasn't trying to be rude or anything I was just really nervous. I think he got the hint to stop asking questions after the sixth or seventh one, thank god.

Getting into the house it looks even bigger than it did from the outside, if that is possible. Stepping into the house we are met with a bunch of boys running down the stairs.

Imma take a guess and say they are the brothers. Same black hair, same emerald eyes, same olive skin. Definitely our brothers.

They look kinda scary not gonna lie, some of them are smiling, while the others look like they brushed their teeth with the wrong tooth brush this morning.

"Bambino's, these are your older brothers, boys why don't you introduce yourselves" My father says to our brothers.

"I'm Romeo, I'm 22 and I am your oldest brother"

"My name is Lorenzo, I'm 20"

"Nico,19"

"Hello, my name is Aurelio and I just turned 17"

"Hey,I'm Dante I'm 15"

All our brothers introduced themselves, they all seem kind nice I guess, I mean some of them seemed like they really didn't want to be there. *cough* *cough* Nico/Dante *cough* *cough*

"Bambino's can you introduce yourselves to everyone" my father says looking at us with an encouraging smile.

"O-okay, I'm Marina, I'm 14." I give a quick smile to everyone.

"I'm Lukas." I give him the side eye but he doesn't say anymore.

"Well why don't we show you your rooms, I'm sure you both are exhausted and it is quite late"
My father spoke after what felt like 100 years of awkward silence when in reality it was probably on a few seconds.

"Okay" both Lukas and I answer at the same time.

"Well that's not creepy at all" Aurelio says, making me smile. My twin didn't seem impressed. Maybe the cold emotionless look runs in the family.

I see a few of my brothers have inherited the 'I don't smile' gene.

"The rooms go in order of oldest to youngest, Marina this is your room." The door opens to reveal a soft pink and white coloured room. It was sooo big.

It even had a bathroom attached with a walk in closet. I mean just wow, I can't believe it's all mine!

"Do you like it? We can change it if it's not to your liking?" One of my brothers said, I don't exactly remember which one is which.

"Oh no! It's perfect, pink is my favourite colour, I love it thank you." I say with a smile.

"Ok well Lukas your room is just here, right across from Marina." We walk into Luke's room and it looks similar to mine, just less pink and more blue and black. "Yeah thanks, I like it."
Luke said.

"Well I'll let you both settle in and get some rest, we will see you both at breakfast in the morning. Someone will come get you then." And with that our father and brothers bid us a goodnight and walk away, leaving Luke and I in his room.

I make my way to Luke's bed a plop down. Lukas does the same. "So what do you think?" I question him. "I mean they seem okay, I guess."

"Yeah I think so too, I mean look at the size of these rooms, they are soo big!" I say turn to lay on my stomach to face my brother.

"Yeah I was thinking the same thing, they are not just rich but like rich rich." He says to me. "Definitely, so do you think we should give them a chance? Do you think they will be nice to us?" I ask, still thinking about the 'what ifs'.

"Honestly Maisie, they seem okay, I think we deserve a bit of happy in our lives so I think we should give them a chance."

"You and your wise words Luke. I love you, I'm going to go to bed. I think your right we do deserve some happy in our lives" I say and exit his room not before he kisses my forehead and say he loves me too.

Maybe I'll finally get to be happy. I'm mean really genuinely happy.