Chapter 10: Dinner Date

Jungkook's pov

The train the stops at the respective spot, and I follow the herd out.

Even for it being the middle of the afternoon, people in Seoul are always busy. On the way into Kim Enterprise, I see Taehyung walking with another man and he stops before I could make it to my office.

"Jungkook, good afternoon. This is Mr. Euwoo. The meeting starts in 15. Don't be late, and please, check on Namjoon for me."

The two of them walk away before I could even get a question out.

As I'm walking to Namjoon's office, I hear panicked movements behind the door. Without even seeing him, his aura felt like complete nervousness.

Namjoon didn't even hear me open the door. He was rummaging through papers and his office desk looked a mess.

"Mr. Kim?"

He looks up and his face softens a bit when he looks at me. "Jungkook, hey."

He stops and sits down in his office chair. He motions me to do the same.

He starts talking as soon as I sit in the seat across from him. "Sorry you had to walk into this. Just trying to prepare myself for the meeting."

I look down. "It's fine. I saw Mr. Euwoo and Taehyung downstairs. He told me to be there in 15, what's that about?"

Namjoon stands, buttoning his blazer as usual. "Oh, I want you in the meeting with me."

"What..?"

"I said...I want you in the meeting with me."

Namjoon circles around his desk and I can feel his presence behind me. He leans down to my ear and whispers.

"You are my secretary, aren't you?"

I freeze up feeling his breath on my ear. He's not even trying to hide this flirtatious behavior.

"Yes, Mr. Kim...I am."

He backs up slightly. "So you'll attend the meeting. End of discussion."

I stand up and face him, even though it was hard knowing I literally let him spank me. I'm surprised I actually showed up.

"So are you gonna ignore the fact that you spanked me yesterday? What even was that?"

Namjoon sticks his hands in his pockets. "You needed correction, and that's what you got."

It was so weird hearing him say that. Absolutely no emotion or care in the world.

"Well thanks a lot, because now shit is gonna be awkward between us."

Namjoon shakes his head. "It doesn't have to be, Jungkook. I promise to act completely normal. Okay?"

I sigh. "Okay."