Chapter 6

A/N: The images in this chapter do not belong to me. They belong to the persons who uploaded them on the internet.

Third Person POV

Copter was so happy and relieved to see Joss walking towards his car.

But why was he walking with his hands behind his back. What was he hiding.

Copter waited then opened his car door when Joss came close enough.

"Tadah!" Joss exclaimed holding out the bouquet of wine red roses to Copter.

Copter accepted it, saying, "These are beautiful! But why are you giving me these? I'm not sick, I just sprained my ankle."

"Does someone have to be sick to deserve a bouquet of roses?" Joss countered. "I brought them for you because ......"

Joss stopped mid sentence.

"Because?" Copter prompted.

"To reward you for your hard work in rehearsals," Joss continued, inwardly thanking his brain for being able to think on his feet.

"Yes, I worked so hard that I ended up spraining my ankle, haha," Copter said with a smirk. "Here help me up, will you?"

"Of course!" Joss quickly grabbed Copter's waist and helped him to hop towards Joss' car.

Halfway towards the car, Copter stopped, breathing harder than usual.

"I better carry you," Joss said, scooping up Copter in his arms and carrying him the rest of the way to his car.

Joss set Copter gently down on the passenger side of the car to open the door and then helped Copter to settle inside.

"Be my GPS," Joss said. "Tell me which corner streets to turn into to reach your unit."

"Of course," Copter said. "Turn left when you exit the parking lot for a start. And then turn right after three traffic lights."

Joss followed all of Copter's instructions until they reached Copter's building.

"You can park in my designated spot," Copter said to Joss.

"Let me carry you to your unit," Joss offered.

"It's on the third floor," Copter said. "We will have to take the elevator."

"Sure," Joss said, scooping Copter in his arms again and bringing him to the lobby of the building and walking towards the area where the elevator was.

Just as Joss stepped into the lobby ......

"Surprise!" Billkin stepped forward from the receptionist counter, holding a bouquet of giant Cattleya orchids and extending them to Copter

Joss stopped in his tracks.

"What the hell, Billkin," Copter said, wide eyed.

"You're welcome," Billkin said, pushing the orchids into Copter's arms.

"Thank you, Billkin, but I have several questions that need to be answered," Copter said sternly. "First of all, how did you know where to find me. Second of all, why are you giving me orchids? Third of all ..."

"Woah, woah, woah," Billkin interrupted Copter. "First of all, here let me take over for you," Billkin said, addressing Joss, and trying to take Copter from Joss's arms.

"No, you're not," Joss said. "And clearly you are giving Copter unwanted attention. Please leave him alone. He needs to rest. Can't you see that he is indisposed at this time?"

"That's exactly why I am here," Billkin stood his ground.

"Listen, Billkin," Copter said quickly, sensing that the situation was starting to get hostile. "I am really grateful that you have come to see me and bring me these beautiful orchids ..."

"Not as beautiful as the roses," Joss muttered under his breath.

"I heard that," Billkin glared at Joss.

Copter continued, ignoring the hostile exchange between Joss and Billkin, "... but I am unable to entertain your presence at this time. I will give you a call as soon as I can."

"You don't even know my number," Billkin continued to frown, feeling very disappointed that all his efforts were not getting the rewards he was expecting.

"Not your personal number, but I have the number of your coffee shop." Copter said.

"Can I input my number into your phone?" Billkin asked.

"Not right now," Joss said, moving away from Billkin and taking Copter towards the elevator.

"Don't decide for Copter," Billkin said, blocking Joss.

Copter sighed and handed Billkin his phone. Billkin inputted his number into Copter's phone and soon Billkin's phone was ringing, making Copter's number get registered into Billkin's set of contacts.

"Thank you," Billkin said with a big smile for Copter as he handed Copter's phone back to him.

Billkin bowed to Copter, saying, "I hope your ankle recovers quickly and I hope you will enjoy the orchids."

"I wonder how he found out that I hurt my ankle," Copter said as he watched Billkin walk out of the lobby.

"It's obvious he's very much interested in you," Joss said, "and I'm sure it's now all over the internet that you have hurt your ankle."

"Well, I'm not interested in him," Copter declared firmly.

That quickly replaced Joss's frown with a smile.