Chapter 8

A/N: The image above does not belong to me. It belongs to the person who uploaded it on the internet.

Copter's POV

"If you will let me, I can make dinner for you tonight," Joss offered as I sat on the couch watching him transfer the two bouquets into two flower vases.

I shook my head.

"You've done enough for me already," I said.

"No, no," he said. "It won't be a bother at all."

I kept quiet, thinking it over.

"I'm a pretty good cook, even if I have to say so myself," he said with a wide grin.

That was just the clincher he needed, and it worked on me.

"Okay, I accept your offer, thanks," I said with a grateful smile.

"What are you in the mood for?" he asked.

"For love," I replied without thinking, and when a saw a naughty gleam enter his eyes, that was when I realized the disaster that I had just caused myself.

"I was... I was... kidding of course," I said, stammering in my panic. "I meant to say, fried calamari. I have a jumbo pack of it in my freezer."

"Okay," he said, turning away to walk towards my refrigerator.

Whew, I wiped away the beads of perspiration that had started to form on either side of my forehead.

Close one, Copter, I scolded myself. Watch yourself, next time you might not be so lucky.

Joss rummaged through my freezer and found the jumbo pack of calamari steaks.

"Did you want me to make a side salad for this?" Joss asked as he placed the calamari into the microwave to thaw.

"Sure," I replied. "You can find stuff in the vegetable crisper area to make a side salad."

I watched as Joss brought out a bunch of romaine lettuce, two cucumbers and three salad tomatoes.

He rinsed them in a colander and expertly chopped the lettuce and sliced the cucumbers and tomatoes.

When the calamari steaks got thawed, he marinated them with teriyaki sauce and dropped them into the frying pan where he had some butter already hot and melted.

"Ranch dressing or Italian dressing?" Joss asked me, holding up two different bottles of salad dressing that he had taken out of my refrigerator.

"Ranch please," I replied.

He dutifully poured some of the ranch dressing over one salad bowl. Then he poured some of the Italian dressing onto the other salad bowl.

"I prefer Italian dressing," he explained when he saw me raising one eyebrow.

After he had laid out dinner on to the dining table, he walked over to me to carry me from my couch.

"No, no, no!" I protested. "I can walk over to the table by myself, even if I have to limp."

"That's exactly what I don't want you to do, limp to the table," he said firmly. "Why limp when I can carry you."

And with those words, he bent over to lift me in his strong arms.

Unfortunately he leaned too low and our faces got too close to each other, making our lips accidentally meet.

Seconds passed.

We both did not move.

We were both too shocked to react right away.

Suddenly I felt him deepen the accidental kiss.

I found myself instinctively wrapping my arms around his neck.

In the back of my head, I knew that I shouldn't be doing this.

Then without warning he lifted his face from mine and straightened up, with me getting carried bridal style.

He started walking with me in his arms, but wait! He wasn't walking towards the dining table! He was walking me towards my bedroom!