• thirteen •

The drive to my 'surprise' isn't what I expected. It's really long, it seems like we have been driving for hours. Zayn grabs my thigh and I put my hand over his. My head is leaning against the window and I notice signs on the highway. One says Happy. After three fourths of a mile there is another sign saying Birthday. After the other three fourths of a mile there is another sign that says Julissa. I look over to Zayn and he is just smiling and has his eyes on the road.

"Zayn? This is to much. You're taking this way to far."

"Baby it's your day. This is the day you were born and because you were born I have you in my life." He replies, glancing at me and then back on the road. I grab his hand and kiss the top of it.

After a few more minutes of driving by I look to the side and see a huge Ferris wheel and I look back over to the love of my life and he says, "you see that?" Pointing to what I saw before. "It's a carnival. We are going." I laugh at what he has done for me and it is only 6:15.

Zayn takes the exit and pulls into the park where the carnival has taken place and parks the car onto the grass not to far from the event.

As we step out of the car I question, "Was this my surprise? Do I still need to keep my guard up?"

"I didn't ask you to keep your guard up but there is more so ..." He stops mid sentence and laughs. I groan at his statement.

"I hate surprises Zayn, you know that. What you did with the signs was enough for me. I don't need anymore."

He smirks and says, "well there is more baby. Hold on."

At a press of a button Zayn has fireworks beaming out of the sky causing my eyes to shoot up.

"Oh my goodness! This is beautiful Zayn. You have done so much for me." I say walking over to him, grabbing his hand and resting my head on his shoulder while we watch the firework show end.

"Well why don't we go in then." He smiles letting me walk first.

As we walk in through the entrance not a single person is at the carnival having fun. I turn around to Zayn with a questioned look.

He walks over to me and says with the biggest grin on his face, "oh, I didn't tell you. This carnival is private and it's just for you."

"Zayn, how much did everything cost? Let me at least pay for something. My birthday is no-" the boy cuts me off but a surprise kiss. I try to stop him so I can finish my sentence but he obviously doesn't let me.

"Can we just enjoy tonight? Don't worry about the money this is your day you just need to relax princess. Can you do that for me?" He rests his forehead against mine. I nod yes in response.

"Good. After you darling." I walk in front of him and look around. It's really weird since it's just the two of us and yet there are different stands with different games, funnel cakes stands, and nothing very different from an actual carnival it's just the people that are missing.

"Isn't it weird that there is no one here?" I ask him.

"No. I didn't want you to wait on the long lines so we can do everything on our own time." He responds. He always seems to have all the right answers to everything.

"Are you actually going to go on the rides or be a baby about it?" I ask him. Zayn isn't a person to go on roller coasters he doesn't like the adrenaline, but I love it and I need to force him to enjoy it with me.

"You have to go on a ride, your money will go down the drain if you're not going to enjoy it." I stare at him with my arms crossed, practically demanding him to go on the ride.