17| LOVE

I was alone on the bed with my thoughts why did I say yes to Richard immediately I hope I won't regret this. Yes I love Richard but I have my doubts and also fears. I still have a long way to go too I'll give this a trial and sed how it turns out.

My phone rang and even before checking who the caller was I knew it was Doyin because it's only her and Richard that knows I have a phone.

I picked and she said "Tanimola how far kí ló wá so (what did he say)" .

"Doyin at least say hi first eee your body too dey hot ( you don't calm down)"

"Mabinu how are you see I know you're fine so what's up" she asked eagerly.

"I told him but he didn't take it well he even cried" I dragged the last part.

"Really, he did awwwn "

"Yes o he also begged me not to go but I told him how important it is and something else happened" I said.

"Abeg tell me jor" she said

"He asked me to be his girlfriend that he has always loved me" she squealed I  had to move the phone from my ear a little

"So what did you say" she asked eagerly

"I said yes na I love him too I just didn't realize" I said

I heard her sniffle which I'm sure it's fake and I'm also sure she's wiping off fake tears from her eyes now.

"I told you that boy loves you I'm happy for you at least now you'll feel loved by another person not me alone"

"Hello, I've always felt loved by Richard" I said on a duh tone.

"You know what I mean jor I don't know how to explain it well but in a nutshell you have a boyfriend a hot rich kid at that"

I had to laugh my sister can be something else some times but I love her and I think I understand what she means anyways.

"But I'm scared o" I said

"Of what exactly?"

"Doyin what if something happens and we break up that means I'll lose my best friend and brother and I don't want that to happen". I said

"Tanimola think positively and if it truly doesn't work out and you break up well you'll still work things out but you'll never know unless you try" she said.

"Hmmm okkk but I'll still follow you to Lagos o " I said deciding not to tell her about my plans of spending just one month with her.

"Before nko" we both laughed she's sounding as if I don't have a choice and I know I do.

"So when are u coming home o mama" she asked.

"I don't want to" I said truthfully.

"If it's me self they can't see me again but eee I'm showing them pepper here ".

I laughed because I can imagine her making them feel I'm no where to be found and cos of that she'll be giving them attitude but I trust my mum and sisters they'll prefer the silent treatment than me coming back home infact they'll prefer to hear that I'm dead.

"I even asked mum to come to Richard's place to check you the response she gave me was annoying she said if you're there that it's better for you because you can only be a maid there I was pained "

I laughed bitterly not like I was expecting her to look for me or anything but at least for once she should wish me well, and serving as a maid in this house is better than being in a family house filled with people praying for your downfall.

"It's ok Doyin I know their wishes and evil words over my life won't come to pass I keep wondering what my offense is I didn't ask her to birth me. Anyways I'm not coming home, after I see my results  you'll take all of my clothes and you'll pick me from here" I said.

"It's ok then I've exhausted my airtime I'll talk to you later ok I lo..." She didn't complete it before the call dropped.

I silently whispered "I love you too sis".

But why is life so unfair, some people don't have families they pray everyday for one, while some have and they don't know the worth of their family, and some like me have but are hated by the so called family.

I'm not going back to that house even if I later come back from Lagos and  Richard breaks up with me I'll rather sleep on the streets than go back to that house.

I heard a knock on the door so I told whoever it was to come in I didn't even bother turning to look at the person who knocked.

"Babe are you ok" it was Richard so I sat up immediately wiping the tears I never knew was on my face.

"Yeah I'm good " I said

"Are you sure you look like you've been crying" he said caressing my cheeks

"I'm good ,really I am" I faked a smile to make it more believable

"I know you're not fine but I won't force you to tell me what's wrong with you ok just know I'm always here for you and I'm always ready to help " he said

I nodded because I know if I talk now the tears will fall so I kept mute. He pulled me closer and rest my head on his chest I could say I felt at ease a little listening to the rhythm of his heartbeat.

"Richard I have a very important question to ask you" I said

"Go ahead na anything I'm ready to answer"

"Richard what if something happens and we break up you know, we will still be friends right" I know the answer is no but I want to hear it from him.

"We won't break up I'll make sure of that we can have serious arguments or issues but we'll settle it I'm very sure of that "

"Really?"

"Yes I promise I'm not saying we won't have issues but we'll settle it" he said

"I love you" he said and I smiled

I didn't say it back but I know deep down I love him too.....