29| ALL ALONE

Things between myself and beauty has gotten really awkward since the incident. She just comes to my room drop the food and quickly leave as though she can't bear to stand in the same room with me. Truly I liked the kiss and all but nothing can happen between us and I'll soon leave anyway plus I even have someone I'm in a relationship with.

But today I won't allow her run off like she's been doing as usual I had my bathe sat on my bed waiting for her to bring me food and yes I still haven't spoken to my sister nor her fiance thankfully they still give me food but no more gift or even cash again.

I heard her knock and I asked her to come in she avoided eye contact as usual she quickly put the food on the bed and as she was about to leave I held her hand.

"Beauty why are you avoiding me" I asked.

"Avoiding you? I'm not see if I'm avoiding you I_ I won't bring you _ you food now" she stuttered

"See you bring me food cos you feel it's your job but if not you won't even see me truly you bring me food but you run out immediately". I said and stood up from my bed now standing in front of her but she was still avoiding eye contact.

"I'm sorry" she said

"Beauty see we can be very good friends but I don't think anything can work between us I have a boyfriend and apart from that I will soon leave here I don't want to hurt you please don't ruin our friendship with this" I said

She turned to look at me and I saw she had glassy eyes already but I didn't say anything wrong now or did I

"I'm sorry Tanimola but the truth is really love you and I can't stand being with you as just friends" she said

" Beauty I still have a long way to go see I just got promoted to SS1 I'll leave here too latest by next week I'm out of here and this affection will wear off why not be my best female friend then " I said.

"Yh I understand and I gladly accept your offer and I also have good news for you" she looked really excited.

"Ok, tell me"

" So I've been saving my salary for the past 2 years ok I think I have enough already to leave this house maybe follow you to your school "

No wonder this girl has just two dresses she wears well apart from the ones I gave her too now I understand it's cos she has been saving all the money she's been receiving.

"Wahoo, but why did you choose my school or even Akure when better schools are here in Lagos"

"It's cos my money will finish if I try to stay alone here in Lagos plus I even stopped school Jss3 too and I have my certificate so hopefully I'll be in same class as you "

"Okkk so how much do you have altogether"

"To be sincere I don't know once I collect my salary I immediately put it in my piggy infact any money I'm giving goes there"

"I'm impressed ok then but I'm leaving next week" I said

"You've finally decided" she said

"Yes I have o I can't stay here again "

"I pray your sister eyes quickly opens sha "

"But what if I just come and meet you tomorrow that we should leave immediately" I asked

"I'm ready infact I've told your sister that I'll soon leave and she's already looking for a new help".

"Okkk I'll pack my bags then"

We heard my soon to be uncle's car honk from outside so Beauty quickly rushed down stairs to her quarters and I also stayed in my room.

Since the incident anytime they come like that they go straight to their room but today I heard their footsteps approaching my door soon one of them knocked and I stood up to open the door.