2

Taeyong gasped when he saw Jaemin and Donghyuck enter the front doors of his Cafe.

Donghyuck was wearing a pitiful expression while Jaemin had tears running down his face.

"Oh my goodness," Taeyong rushed forward to pull Jaemin into his arms. "What happened, hun?"

"I-" Jaemin went to explain but choked on on small sob.

"He was at basketball practice taking pictures for the yearbook and ran into one of the players," Donghyuck explained with a grimace. "Jaemin hit his head and the other guy broke his arm."

"Aw, Jaemin-ah, there's not reason to cry! It was a mistake!" Taeyong put on a soft smile as he pet Jaemins hair.

But the pinkette didn't seem to take comfort from the words. He actually began to cling to Taeyongs further as he pushed his face into his shoulder.

"That's not it," Donghyuck shook his head as he walked forward to pat Jaemins back. "The boy he's had a crush on...kinda yelled in his face."

"What?" Taeyong raised his brows in disbelief.

Flashback

"Broken?" Jeno looked at the doctor in shock as he finished checking YangYangs arm. "What do you mean it's broken?"

The doctor rolled his eyes as he took his gloves off. "Like broken, y'know like snapped in two pieces. That kinda broken."

"How long will it take to heal?" Jeno sighed as he tapped his foot against the ground.

"About six weeks," The doctor concluded as he moved to put his stuff back in his bag.

"Six weeks?!" Jeno bursted out loud, his arms stretched out. "We have a playoff game in two!"

The doctor ignored him and looked to Jaemin, who was sitting on the other cot in the nurses office next to Donghyuck.

"How about you?" The doctor raised a brow at him. "Are you ok?"

"He fell back and hit his head pretty hard-" Donghyuck went to explain but Jaemin pinched him on the hand. "Ow!"

"...im ok..." Jaemin said quietly. He looked up to see Jeno's angry eyes on him so he quickly looked to the floor.

"Ok," The doctor nodded his head at the boy. "Let me know if anything changes."

"His parents are here," The nurse announced as she opened the door.

"I'll walk out with you," The doctor nodded to YangYang.

Jeno helped Yanyang sit up and then stand. "Do you want me to walk out with you?"

"Nah man it's ok," Yangyang shook his head with a smile.

"Hey YangYang," Donghyuck called out to him. "Renjun said he has a present for you."

"Is that so?" YangYang gave a small smile before winking. He let out a small laugh as he looked at Jaemin. "Im sorry for bumping into you!"

YangYang walked out the door with the doctor and the room fell into silence again.

Jeno was pacing and slowly ran a hand through his hair.

How were they supposed to win without one of their best players?

Who was he supposed to get to play instead?

Jeno huffed when he heard a squeak behind him.

"Im sorry," Jaemin said softly to the boy. "I...didn't mean...I....I didn't see him."

"Sorry doesn't cut it!" Jeno turned around and snapped at him. "How stupid could you be to not see a running player?"

Jaemin's lip wobbled a little bit but he took Jeno's words.

He didn't mean to.

"Who the hell am I supposed to find to play instead?" Jeno glared down at him. "You basically screwed over the whole team-"

"That's enough!" Donghyuck snapped and stood up to defend Jaemin. "He said sorry. There isn't anything to do about it now."

"But-" Jeno went to yell again.

"Nope don't care," Donghyuck shut him up quickly. "Blow off steam somewhere else."

"Whatever," Jeno snarled before moving to the door. "You are an asshole, Na Jaemin."

As soon as the door closed, Donghyuck let his tense shoulders relax.

That was for about five seconds until he heard a small whimper.

He looked and there was his best friend in tears.

Flashback Over

"Oh hunny," Taeyong slowly pet Jaemins hair back as the boy whimpered a little bit more. "I've met Jeno. He isn't actually a jerk. He was probably just really angry."

"Which is no excuse," Donghyuck said roughly but pushed his tongue into his cheek when he saw Taeyong shake his head at him.

"If you wanna go home you can, Minnie," Taeyong said softly as Jaemin pushed himself out of Taeyongs arms.

"No, it's ok," Jaemin said as he wiped his tears away gently. "I still wanna work."

"You sure?" Taeyong asked as he rubbed his hands up and down Jaemins arms.

Jaemin nodded his head before he made his way to the backroom.

He grabbed his pink apron and slowly slowly it as he looked in the mirror hanging on the wall.

His nose and eyes were a little pink but he didn't really care what he looked like to customers anyway.

He took a deep breath before walking back out to behind the counter.

"Hi, what can I get you?" Jaemin said with his most practiced and sweet voice.

"Oh, Jaemin?"

No.

Fucking.

Way.

Jaemin slowly raised his eyes and low and behold there was Jeno Lee.

Jeno looked much calmer than he looked earlier.

His black hair was sweeped off his forehead and his brown eyes were much softer than they were before.

He was wearing a black hoodie and Jaemin could see a peep of a white shirt underneath.

"Jaemin...could we talk?" Jeno asked softly trying to bend down to peer at Jaemins downcast eyes.

Jaemin looked up a little and opened his mouth before closing it quickly.

"Please?" Jeno asked him while raising his eyebrows a little.

Jaemin swallowed and he felt like his entire body was on fire.

He felt like the room was spinning and his knees felt weak.

Jaemin turned on his heels quickly and ran into the backroom.