Chapter 43

I am up early and in the office

I am up early and in the office. I have pulled the letter out from the guards that gave it over to me, once Dean had wrote up his deal and everything that he done as I told him to do when we spoke with him.

I keep reading over the note just wanting to find any real discrepancies. The real issue is the fact I only have his word on all of this and then Claire's ability to tell he was speaking the truth on at least him being used due to Saul having his mate.

Reading over the note I keep going back to the fact that Dean was on boarder watch when a wolf came walking up and he knew immediately that the wolf was his mate. The wolf wouldn't come close enough but he could smell she was from Saul's pack. When he had requested that time off and I granted it, he went there to be able to bring his mate to our pack knowing he was higher rank than she was.

Apparently, sometime during that period he was there Saul knew and refused to let the poor Omega leave with Dean. Instead, she was used as a pawn.

The only thing Dean was to ever do for Saul, is if he came across a female that could not shift or noticed then he was to report it.

Dean added in the note that he was on boarder guard so much he didn't pay attention to any of the females shifting or not. He never went searching and stayed on boarder guard so much, just so he could truthfully answer he didn't know.

Basically, he lived without his mate and worked around the deal he had made just to keep his mate alive. Niko muses over all of this.

It would seem that Dean did that working around the deal just to keep her alive, but there is no words on if he had ever spoke to her and if he was trying to rescue his mate from her own pack.

Claire walks in and comes over to me. I put the paper down and open my arms for her to sit in my lap.

"You were in here early, wasn't you?" She looks at me.

"Yup. I was going over the note Dean wrote that I had told him to do." I tell her.

"You have done that several times. Your not going to find anything new, Ty. Maybe we can get more answers in person today." Claire sighs, moving the paper out of my reach.

"Nathan should be walking in any minute and then we can go down and talk to him." Claire turns to look at me again.

"Not until you eat something." I try and tell her.

Claire rolls her eyes at me, before she gets off my lap taking the paper with her.

"What if I wanted to read that one more time?" I ask her.

"Tyler you probably have this thing memorized by heart now." Claire waves the paper around.

Nathan walks in at the exact moment I go to get up.

"Should I come back later?" He asks, looking between us.

"Nope, just trying to get Tyler to stop reading this thing over and over again. Nothing new will come of it, because words will not magically appear." Claire folds the paper up and moves right behind me to put it back in the file.

"Okay then. The guards have moved Dean into a different section of the cells away from ears." Nathan tells us.

We make our way downstairs and I pull Claire into the kitchen. She smirks and grabs an apple.

"It is still food, I will eat while we walk." Claire sasses me.

Alastair joins us and we make out way to the cells. True to her word Claire finishes the apple right before we go in.

Walking into the section that is nicer, we spot Dean sitting in a chair.

"Hope your up to talking." I speak first.

"Always, Alpha. Pleasure having the Luna and Beta here." Dean's voice is harsher since being in the cells, but he quick to be formal.

"I assume you have heard the events going on?" I ask him.

"The guards talk when changing shifts, so I think I have caught much of it." Dean nods.

We give him the run down of what has happened and his eyes pop wide at all the things we tell him. From what Claire seen from John when we was here last, to what happened with Juilian.

"That is so much that I never heard. I am glad to hear that it is over for you guys. Also one of the guards mentioned you guys are expecting, congratulations are in order." Dean bows his head.

He has been speaking the truth this far, Azure has been making sure. Claire's voice floats through the mindlink.

"We would like to know more on how you was planning to get your mate from Saul." I tell him, cutting to the chase already.

Dean's eyes go wide that we have caught that.

"She was treated horribly. She would go for runs and caught my scent, which is how she came to our boarder here. She knew that Saul would never let her go, but even after I spoke to him the one time she would still come for runs when she knew I was working. We talked and tried to get to know each other." His eyes glass over.

"Keep going please." Claire finally speaks up.

"We had planned that she would have a bag gathered and one morning for her run once she reached our boader here, I would link you to come out and we would both explain the issue at hand. We both had hoped you would back us, so that she could break her link with Saul's pack and join us here. The chance never came because the fight with Saul's pack happened and one of his guards was quick to end her when she started fighting with us against them." Dean finishes.

"Why didn't you ever tell us that was going on before the fight?" Nathan asks him.

"There was so much going on and tensions were at an all time high with that pack." Dean answers.

"Did she ever tell you about Claire being held there?" I ask him.

"No never! I didn't know or I would have came to you immediately." Dean exclaims.

"Your telling the truth on everything." Claire says out loud. Not asking, but stating.

"I seen in the note you worked around the deal with Saul. So given all of this, if you accept terms to agreement we will speak to the pack everything you have told us. Depending on their reaction and what Claire, Nathan, Alastair and I discuss there may be something for you. Would you accept coming back into the pack with whatever we lay out for you to do?" I let him know.

"Yes, Alpha. I accept punishment further if need be. I accept anything, I know my actions have to been questioned and rightfully so either way." Dean answers no hesitation.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Got more back story on Dean.

Does everyone believe he is telling the truth or did he find a way to trick Claire and Azure?

May have one coming back into the pack or may not. We will be seeing soon how the pack reacts to all the new information on Dean.

We will also seee how the pack reacts and helps decide Crissy and John's fate.

Thank you to all my lovely readers for the comments, votes, and reading this far!