one

5:47 pm
Thursday.

"shouldn't you be getting home faith?" ace questioned her.

"what?" faith asked with her head laid back on the couch and a blunt between her fingers.

"you need to get home, yo mom gon flip about you being over here late. you know how she is." he said.

usually faith comes over to ace's crib every weekend, but she wasn't in the right headspace and ace was the only person she knew that could help take her mind off things.

"high. i'm high." faith murmured.

"give me your phone." ace said.

faith scooted over to show her phone on the side on her without saying a word. Though faith could talk, she didn't feel like it. every muscle in her body felt like they we're bending. ace grabbed her phone and unlocked it and started texting her mom.

ma 🤎.

Faith where the hell are you?

im at Ace's

Come home now.

I am, Ace and me are talking about something that's all.

I want you home now.

ok.

-

"I texted her for you. I gotta take you home okay dawg?" Ace set her phone down and grabbed the blunt out her fingers.

Ace was humming Missin Out by Brent Faiyaz since the music was playing on the speakers. He put everything that belonged to Faith in her bag and put the bag on his back.

"Your mom really don't like me I guess." Ace looked down at Faith on the couch nodding her head to the music with her eyes nearly shut. She shrugged her shoulders and went off to what she was doing before.

Ace smiled at her and picked her up.

"Damn bro, the fuck you been eating?" he grunted.

Faith hit his back as a sign to shut up.

"My bad, my bad." Ace said and took her to the car with her body on his shoulder. He opened the car door and dropped her on the passenger side. He closed the door and went to the driver side and hopped in.

Ace heard his phone beep and checked his phone. It was from his dawg Dee.

Dee 😈

yo
what

df wrong with you?

nothing bruh i'm just dropping faith off

she bad. why you ain't bag her yet?

i told you man, she's like a lil sis to me.

way you be looking at her says otherwise.

ight man, go hang with yo girl

-

truth be told, he loved everything about faith. since they were 7 till them now being juniors. he loved every part about her, he could sit there for hours and talk about her or with her. ace loved the way she thought, how she cares for herself and others, how she actually focusing on things the way he couldn't.

he loved her brown skin, the fact she wasn't tall nor short, her curves, her 4a hair, her voice, and so much more. but he couldn't say that to her, they were bestfriends.

"We here faith." ace said as she woke up.

"okay, bye i love you." she walked out the car with her stuff.

"i love you too and aye tell ya mama i said hey." he said loud so she could hear.

"mhm. bye boy." she smirked and turned around.

ace grinned a little and watched as she got into the house. once she walked into the house he pulled his phone out and started texting someone.

🥷

you ready dawg?

yeah, pull up on 42 street.

ight. you remember what i said right?

leave yo girl out of this? yeah ik.

she not my girl she my sis.

idfc, jus bring the gun.

ok.

-