Visit

12 years ago Triss' pov

"Where's this boy Ciri was talking about?" I ask Geralt.

Geralt shrugs. "His room. He disobeyed an order, so he doesn't get dinner"

"Attitude problem?"

"Not really" He says, "he's been in his own head a lot. He has to be better than everyone."

"Hmm, want me to talk to him? Sometimes kids just need someone to talk to"

"You're free to try," Vesemir says, "don't be surprised if he doesn't respond the way you think he will."

I roll my eyes. I walked out of the main hall and up to the only room I knew could belong to him. There was only one that wasn't taken up by me, Ciri, or the witchers.

Thud

Thud

Thud.

I frown hearing something like someone beating the stone wall. I make it to the heavy wooden door and knock on it. The sounds stop, and the door swings open to a young boy a year or two older than Ciri. his cotton pants were stained with blood that came from his knuckles.

"Were you punching the wall?" I ask him.

"Maybe. What's it to you?"

"That's terrible for your hands. You're going to seriously injure yourself."

"Who are you?" he asks.

"Triss Merigold. Geralt told me you're having some problems, anything I can help with?"

"No," he says, trying to shut the door. But I walked past him and into the room.

"Come now. Punching the wall and hiding from your problems isn't the way we deal with our problems"

"I'm sorry for asking again. But who the actual hell are you?" he asked me.

"Sorceress. Geralt asked me here to help with Ciri, but it seems his other child needs help. So tell me what's going on?" I say.

"There's no problem... Happy?"

"I see. Not gonna talk to me?"

"Where did that idea come from?"

"Alright. But this isn't over." I say. I was fine with helping a young girl through her teen years. A boy though? That was a different beast. I however knew of one sorceress who wouldn't back down from him, and would be able to get through to him.

"Geralt?" I ask sitting back at the table.

"Didn't go well did it?"

"I have no idea how to deal with boys that age. How would you feel about me inviting Philippe here?"

"Why?"

"She'd break through to him. I could tell from his aura, if you don't reel him in he'll end up in some serious trouble."

"If you think that's what he needs. But tell Philippe when she's here. She abides by our rules."

"Of course," I say.

Y/n needed someone to guide him. Someone other than a group of witchers.

Flashback over.

"So" I say as Geralt and I walk around the grounds of the party. "You and Y/n are talking again."

"Somewhat" he says.

"I think he's more focused on Ciri now." I say sitting on a stone bench. "I don't think he'll talk about it until he knows Ciri is safe."

"Probably right," he states.

I smirk slightly and nudge him with my shoulder "did you and Yennefer ever find out they were interested in each other?"

"All of us knew. They weren't exactly good at hiding it."

"True. You must be proud at least. Y/ns turned out to be a pretty good kid."

"Yeah... Yeah he is a good kid." he says.

"What's wrong?"

"I just can't help but think, what would have happened if I hadn't taken him. Maybe his life would of ended up better than almost dying by witcher mutations"

"Pfft. Please... Geralt he would have ended up in some sort of trouble regardless of if you left him or not. Ciri and Y/n just seem to find trouble, you taught them how to deal with it. They would've probably died a long time ago if they didn't have you"

"Maybe" he mutters. "Every time I look at him I see the same anger that filled me in my early years."

"He's going through it the way he needs to, Geralt. Just trust him to figure it out... You and Eskel both did" I tell him.

Geralt just nods, staring out at the gardens.

"Come on. Let's take a walk" I say.