[8: The Downtown Race]

[A/N]: The car above is the car you own. Congrats, you're rich.

~

Two weeks passed, and it was already November. The weather turned cold. Soon, the students of Yellow Wood Academy were forced to add more layers on their clothes. You were used to covering yourself up, so you changed up the usual outfit and added a scarf to it.

"Where'd you get that?" Yunho asked, looking at your new, burgundy-colored cotton scarf.

"So, you decide to notice it," you joked.

"We've been practicing for hours, though? I couldn't see it. I did now, and I wanna know where it's from."

You rolled your eyes as you closed the door to the driver's seat, then you shoved your hands into your pockets when you approached Yunho. You two have been racing on the tracks, practicing your skills for the big downtown race.

"I've been wearing it for a while, though," you told him. "Even before we started practicing for the race."

"Well then, good on you for finally wearing a wider variety clothes during November."

"I wear a good amount..."

"Sometimes, you wear the same stuff for so long, you start to look like a cartoon character."

Yunho pulled the hood of your hoodie up so that it would cover your face. You yelled at him, obviously surprised, causing the taller boy to run away. As you were yelling at him, Yunho dashed to the warehouse. You sighed when you saw a figure run past you.

When you got into the warehouse, Yunho fell on the couch by the entrance. He propped his legs on the coffee table. Both pieces of furniture were worn out from the constant roughhousing in the place. You immediately got to Yunho, hurling one of the throw pillows at him.

"Hey, that hurt!" Yunho yelled, faking a bullet wound to his chest.

You laughed, then jumped to the spot beside him and leaned against the soft back rest of the couch. Yunho feigned annoyance when he sat next to you. Once it was quiet enough, he reached for his phone in his pocket and chose a Spotify playlist to blast in the background.

"So, care to tell me about the scarf?" Yunho asked, leaning towards you.

"No."

"Why not?" Yunho asked, half-whining when you refused. "Did someone important give it to you? Is it some sort of heirloom?"

While thinking of an answer to Yunho's question, your mind wandered to the time you got the scarf. It was your birthday a week ago, and Heejin, ever the thoughtful "girlfriend", gifted you a scarf. She bought it herself and gave it to you when a rough breeze made you shiver during one of your meet-ups.

"Actually, yeah. Someone important gave it to me," you told Yunho.

"Who is it?"

You chuckled.

"You don't wanna know."

Yunho slapped your shoulder with the throw pillow. Why were you being so dramatic? You laughed when you found out Yunho was mad.

"You're so dramatic, [Y/N]," Yunho said, sighing with disappointment. "Just tell me who it is, and I'll leave you be."

"I said, I'm not telling you," you said, shooing Yunho off your side.

Yunho scoffed and backed away a bit, this time with an expression of insult and disbelief.

"You said we should be honest with each other."

"Yeah, and I'm being honest here." You grabbed your scarf and looked at Yunho. "I'm not telling you anything."

Yunho rolled his eyes. There was no way he was getting information now.