chapter uno

- the beginning of this is a bit rocky but is being edited so bear with me. x

Ellie's pov

"E! Get up, it's your first day of school today!" was all I heard from beneath my pillow before I forced myself out of bed and trudged over to my closet. Why was I the one stuck living here, going to a new school, and living in a new country? From my closet, I yanked out a pair of pink shorts, silver Jacks, and a plaid button up.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back, laying my clothes on the bed before making the trip down our grand stair case. Walking into the kitchen, I pulled my hair from its messy bun, letting the brown mess flown down over my shoulders. Feeling a yank on my hair, I turn around to see my older brother behind me, his typical smirk gracing his ugly face.

"What do you want Ry?" I ask looking up into his bright, blue eyes, something I sadly envied.

"Nothing really, just coming down here early to see my little sissy getting ready to make a total fail of herself on the first day of school," he said while grabbing an apple from a random bowl on the table.

"Ugh, you are such a downer you moron! Last time I checked, this is your first day at a new school as well," I hastily reply, pushing him away before walking to the fridge to grab a Powerade and breakfast wrap.

"Eh whatever just be ready in twenty minutes if you wanna ride with me, freak," was all Ryan said as he ran back up the steps to get ready.

Yes, this is what I've dealt with 18 years, or since I was born I guess. Ryan and I have one of those love-hate relationships where we hate each other but will be there for the other in a moment. It's funny really, you'll either find us nearly killing each other one moment but hugging the next.

*

Finishing my attemt at breakfast, I skipped back up the steps to my room. Pulling on the shorts and top I had chosen, I smiled contently in the mirror at the outfit. Wanting to go lighter today, I grabbed a navy Longchamp tote before running to my bathroom, doing a quick hair and makeup fix. My makeup was a more natural, finished off with my hair in a french braid . Finally done, I ran back down the steps to see Ryan just walking out the door.

"Hey wait up, I'm comin'!" I yelled as I went into my mom's office kissing her cheek a goodbye.

*

Pulling up to the school, I instantly feel flustered and anxious. So cliché right? Anyways, pulling through the main gates of Oxford Secondary in Ryan's Land Rover did draw some eyes our way though. Sadly enough, I'm pretty sure it wasn't for the fact that the car was brand new, seeing as though there were about fifty others just like it, but for the fact that it was new to the school, probably setting off a signal saying 'New Students Right Here, Jump Us' in their eyes.

Just what I needed.

hah.

Being such the 'gentleman' he is, Ryan was nice enough to park fartherest from the door and somewhat help me out? In other words, open the door, smirk, and walk away locking his new 'baby' on the way.

He's so nice ..

ha no jk

*

As we walked up to the large school doors, being intimidating was an understatement. I mean sure this isn't the first prep school I've been to, after all my dad was a very successful entrepreneur and my mom a highly ranked anesthesiologist, but this was my first in another country. Anyways, walking into the school was very same ole, same ole. The students of course turned and looked, some glaring, staring, and some just creeping. I quickly found my locker down the second hallway and began to unpack my items for classes. Seeing that I had all Advanced Placement and Honors classes made me happy, being such the nerd I am. Pulling out the rest of my books, I grabbed my bag and made my way to 1st period Biology with a Mr. Orson?