chapter 12

Batman led joker inside, trying to get as far away from Gordon as possible, something in his stomach told him to. As they walked they passed many guards and inmates, some yelling profanities and others booing, joker was unfazed, he cared little for this place and even less for those that reside. Batman handed joker off to the guards who looked a little too eager to accept joker. "Roughed him up a bit huh? Good, scum like him deserve it and more" one said grabbing joker by the collar, "piece of shit clown, don't understand why no one has given you the death penalty
penalty yet" the other said. Joker who look unamused responded smugly "that's because they never live long enough to sentence me to death" he said as he began to laugh maniacally. The first guards punched him in the stomach, which caused joker to immediately stop laughing and only gasp as it had knocked the wind out of him. Batman was upset but knew he couldn't do anything too unethical to help "don't you two think you need to take joker to his cell instead of beating him in front of me or would you prefer to join him" he said crossing his arms, joker looked at him, obviously amused. "Fine, have it your way, come on freak" they said, leading joker to his cell, joker looked back at batman, already missing him, the closeness of one another. He gave batman a brief smile before turning his head back towards hall to which lead to his but before he did, batman gave him a smile. Once the guards and joker passed through the hall, he he made his way out of arkam and to once again meet Gordon's gaze. "You look upset batman, something happen?" Gordon asked, batman shrugged "just tired is all, try to keep the rest of these lunatics in their cells, catching joker was harder than usual " batman said before getting into his car and driving off. Gordon took note of what he said however it was strange, he looked back at arkam wonder what could have happened between joker and batman. Joker was pushed into his cell, the guards slammed the door shut "oh yeah, slam the door why don't ya, did your mother ever teach you manners?" He said but the guards ignored him, they ignored all of arkam's inmates. Why not, the world doesn't want them, why should they be treated with respect when all they do is take, destroy or kill, no one cared if any of them died, like animal rights activist, for them it depends on how cute the creature is to have anyone care if it died or not. As joker sat in his cell, the smell of bleach and lemon filled the air, a horrible combination but it's arkam, not a five star resort.