Part 10

After seeing his former enemy on the street again, Lenny thought that turtle would want to get even with him eventually. He needed to take this turtle down while he was still injured. He had an idea.

What was left of his men had a gadget that could mimic other voices, and they used it to mimic the turtles' voices. They called up April.

"Hello." April said on her phone. She was at her job at Channel Six.

"Hello, April. Can you come down to Bleaker Street? We need your help." The man who was mimicking Leonardo's voice said.

"Sure. I'll be right there." She said and hung up.

April was sure there could be a news story in it, but she was more interested in helping her friends before getting a story.

April drove to the address that had been given to her and she found no one around.

"Hello. Leonardo? Guys? Anyone here?" She asked.

"Nab her!" Lenny shouted.

April screamed as she was ambushed by all the men. She was easily subdued and forced into a chair where she was tied up and gagged.

"Now we have you as bait for those turtle friends of yours. You are bait to lure them out, or more specifically, that purple banded turtle friend of yours. You see, Ms. O'Neil, I was the one that injured your friend." Lenny explained.

April's eyes widened.

"And I'm sure he's been wanting to get me back for what I did, but I think I'll take him out before he even has a chance to recover completely!" Lenny laughed evilly.

April wouldn't let this happen without a fight, but there wasn't much she could do at the moment.

Lenny then began looking through her pockets for a turtle com. He found it down on her thigh pocket. "Now I can call your friends and call in my ransom." He said.

April really wanted to question who this man was and what he really wanted with Donatello. He had done enough already to the poor turtle.
.................

Donatello was trying to work on the TV for his family to be able to watch it when the turtle com started going off.

"Saved by the beep." Donny said and took his turtle com out and answered it. "Donatello here."

On the screen popped up a very familiar face to the formerly injured turtle. "Hello there, Turtle." Lenny greeted.

Donatello's eyes widened. "You! What do you want? And where did you get that turtle com?" He demanded.

His brothers were sitting on the couch when Donatello's demeanor changed. "What's going on, Donatello?" Leonardo asked.

Donny waved his hand at them to silence them for a moment.

"You see, I have your friend, April O'Neil, Turtle. See?" Lenny then showed the image of April tied, gagged, struggling and her voice being muffled from the gag.

"Don't hurt her! What do you want?" Donatello asked desperately.

"Why, I want you, Turtle. I see I didn't finish the job. You come and meet me, by yourself only, I mean it, or the girl gets hurt! Now go somewhere private and I'll tell you where." Lenny growled.

"What's going on?" Mike asked this time.

"April's in trouble, and it's the man who hurt me that has her this time." Donatello had his hand over the phone screen. "He wants me to meet him, alone, but I have to find out privately."

"That dirty double crosser!" Mike growled.

Donatello pulled himself up and went to his lab and closed the door. "Now, where is April?"

"You triply sure you're alone?" Lenny asked.

"Yes. Now where is she?"

Lenny gave him the address and then he gave him strict instructions that he had to come alone. Then he hung up.

Donatello was worried for April, but he was also worried about what would be done to himself if he was recaptured by this maniac. He involuntarily put a hand on his stomach and rubbed it. It was the only injury still healing and he didn't want it reopened.

He left the lab and went to tell the others what was going on.

"He wants me to turn myself over to him to release April." Donny said.

"But you're not done recovering yet, dude." Mike said.

"I know, Michelangelo, but I'm well enough to move around now. I promise I'll be careful."

"We'll take you the appointed address, and keep your turtle com open. We won't let him hurt you again, Donatello." Leonardo said.

"Thanks, but you have to really keep your distance. He's serious or he'll harm her. I know what he's capable of." Donatello said worriedly.

His family saw that one of his hands rested on his belly. His belly had been the worst injury, other than a shattered foot.

"I understand that you are afraid of him, Donatello, after what he did to you, but you must do this to get him to release April." Master Splinter said. "Just remember your training and you shall beat him."

"I know. I can do this, but I just don't want him to hurt me again to the extent that he did last time." Donny said.

"We won't let it happen." Leo said. "As long as you keep your turtle com open, we'll know when to head in and get you out if needed, but we'll give you a chance to turn yourself over and get April out."

Donatello gave out a deep breath. He normally wouldn't show fear so easily, but his torture experience had left its mark on him. He didn't want to picture a saw cutting into him again.

Splinter had faith that his sons would get April out, but he came anyway since his smart son was still partially injured. And he wanted to meet the man who had nearly killed Donatello. He wouldn't get away with hurting him again.