Chapter 3 (Noah's POV)

"Really? So did you offer her your chocolate chip sleepover pancakes in hopes to get her to come back in the morning or to get her in your bed?"

Noah turns around and faces his little brother Josh scowling. When he turns he sees both him and Luke staring at him from the banister at the bottom of the steps. They're both just shaking their heads and laughing at him.

"Dude, you're totally in love with my sister," says Luke.

"I am not! I just wanted to make sure that she was guaranteed a good breakfast. After all it is the most important meal of the day."

"Noah you're an idiot. Skye is totally hot, what are you afraid of?" asks Josh.

"Ew my sister is not hot!" exclaims Luke.

"Luke, shut up, you're not helping!" says Josh shoving Luke. "Anyways, Skye is hot and totally nice. She's WAY better than that Whitney chick and you dated HER so why not give it a shot?"

"I'm not discussing my love life with my little brother!"

Luke spoke up, sudden tears in his eyes. "Please. Please Noah, help fix her. Fix us."

Noah swallows and stares at the now crying boy. "Luke, what's going on at home? Is everything okay? Are you and Skye safe?"

Luke sniffles and shakes his head. "I promised Skye I wouldn't tell anybody about our situation. She told me that she could take care of us and that we don't need anybody's help. But you don't understand Noah. She works herself too hard and keeps all of her emotions pent up inside her but I don't think she can take it anymore. She's going to graduate soon and I know that I'm the reason that she hasn't even started applying for colleges and it's killing me to know that I'm what's keeping her from reaching her full potential. I know I was young when my father died but I still remember her; I remember how she was when she felt happy. I want to see her happy again, and I know that you can make her that way. She lost her spark, and you need to grow a pair and help her get it back!"

For a moment Noah is rendered speechless. Then he finds his voice and ask, "How can I help her? Luke, I need to know what's going on so I can know how to help her. Tell me how to help her!"

"No!" Luke yells, angry tears spilling out of his eyes. "The best thing you can do is be there for her and to make sure she's safe. If you knew the truth it would just make things worse. Trust me, all you need to know is that she needs you. We need you."

"What if she won't let me in? What if she won't let me help her?"

Luke grins despite the tears. "Oh, she will definitely let you in. You just have to be willing to do anything for her. Are you?"

It took about a second for Noah to respond, "Of course. I'd do anything for her."

"Good. Then do it," he turns to Josh and smiles. "Lets go play COD!"

The boys rush upstairs and leave Noah shell-shocked. As if with a purpose he finally closed the front door and goes upstairs to his room. If he's going to be there for Skye, then there's something he needs to do; something he should've done a very long time ago. He grabs his cell phone and dials Whitney's number. She picked up on the second ring.

"What do you want Noah? If this is a booty call then you better hang up because don't think I've forgotten about this afternoon!" She screams on the other line.

"I'm glad you didn't forget about it; that way it makes this job even easier," replies Noah, his voice rising.

"And what job would that be?"

"We're done Whitney."

There's a pause at the other line and then in a voice dripping with venom Whitney says, "What. Did you just say?"

"You heard me. We're done. I'm done with this on and off crap, you're a terrible person and I'd rather chew off my own hand than be in a relationship with you for one more second."

"It's because of that little bitch Skye isn't it? I knew it! You're dumping ME for HER?!"

"Were you not listening? I'm dumping YOU because YOU'RE A BITCH! Not her, so leave Skye out of this!"

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into Noah. Does she have any idea what happens when you cross me?"

"I said leave her out of this! She doesn't even know and to be honest I've been thinking about doing this for a year! Whatever Whitney, we're done!" He clicks the end button and throws his phone on his bed. He begins to pace around his room, ruffling his hair, each time he does so his shirt lifts up showing a scar across his lower abdomen.

"Skye Adams, I will fix you. I will do anything I can to make you feel safe. This I promise to you."

*************************************

HEY GUYS!!! Sorry for the long wait for the short chapter but yeah.. the secrets out. Don't be mad, WE ALL KNEW IT! I am so tired of these books taking freaking FOREVER to reveal that they like each other... soooooo you're welcome ;) anyways hope you enjoyed it, next chapter will be from Skye's POV again and it will show what it's like at home :/ so be prepared for some heavy stuff :( But hold on it'll get better! Shout out to my homies Shorty_Jx and johannaarias27 you guys rock!!! Also this is NOT a shout out to my best friend Aunna ;) Love YA girl!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY MY BEAUTIES!!!!!!! Read, comment, and vote! <3