Chapter 6 (Skye's POV)

The rest of the week leading up to Skye and Noah's date seemed to drag on. Noah started to hang out with Skye during lunch and they talked all the time. He'd even greet her with hugs. Violet and Audrey were very curious as to why Noah Carson started to hang out with them and when Skye told them about their date, they went crazy. Like "just won the lottery" crazy.

"What? When did that happen?" Screams Audrey, her hands clutching her excited face.

"Tell us everything! How did it happen?" Demands Violet.

And so she told them everything... welllllll all she told them was that he asked her out when she was dropping off Luke at his house, but that's enough information. Right? Skye really didn't want to tell them that she had to sleepover at Noah's house because her stepdad Gabe was being a creep. Her oblivious friends were fine with what she gave them though and didn't suspect that she was holding anything back.

But it seems to Skye that her best friends weren't the only people to recognize that Noah has been spending more time with her....

Noah and Skye were texting each other in the middle of history class on Friday.

Skye: "Can you please give me a hint?"

Noah: "Uh uh ;p"

Skye: "Pleaaaaaassseeeeeee?"

Noah: "Nope."

Skye looks up and glares jokingly at Noah. He smirks at her and she sticks out her tongue at him which he happily returns. "Wow Skye you are the epitome of maturity," she thought to herself. She returns back to her phone.

Skye: "Can you please at least tell me what to wear?"

Noah: "..... something you aren't afraid of getting messy."

Skye: "Getting messy? Well now you have to tell me where we're going if I'm going to be getting messy."

Noah: "I can't, alas, I've said too much :Z"

Skye looks up from her phone to find Noah's eyes trained on her. She smiles at the fact and mouths "You're weird" to him. He grins and responds with "And don't you forget it". Skye smiles and stares down at her paper. She really should be paying attention during class. "What is Mr. Jackson even talking about?" She thinks. She looks up to find him staring at her. He looks as if he's waiting for an answer.

"Ms. Adams if you and Mr. Carson are done texting in my class, would you mind paying attention? This will most definitely be on Monday's test," says Mr. Jackson, his paunchy cheeks flushing with anger.

Whitney looks behind her and snickers at the both of them, her eyes full of hatred. To be honest Skye kind of forgot about her....

"Sorry Mr. Jackson it won't happen again," responds Skye, her face blushing. She looks over and sees that Noah's blushing as well and nodding in agreement. He looks at her and winks as soon as their teacher turns his back to them and continues his lecture. Skye smiles and looks away but when she does her eyes meet Whitney's. If looks could kill, Skye would be dead right now.

*************************************

Skye went to Violet's house to get ready for the date and Audrey came over to help out. They were all so excited, they couldn't stop screaming. They listened to loud music as Skye got ready. She wore her dark jeans with her doodle drawings and a denim button down shirt without sleeves that tied down near her stomach. Her high collar went with her brown ankle booties. Her hair was up in a bun with some curls coming down from it, framing her face. She felt pretty and thought she did a nice job on the whole outfit, although she wasn't so sure that she wanted to get her booties messed up. She shrugs and decides that she can live with a little dirt.