3- Care to put that to the test?

Angie, Fred, George and Lee were all sitting around the fireplace in their comfy clothes when Josie returned that evening. Aside from the occasional yelps of displeasure during their game of exploding snap, it was a fairly chilled-out affair, something that didn't often happen with Fred and George around.

Josie sheepishly stepped in through the portrait hole, approaching her friends with caution. Angie took one look at her dishevelled hair and swollen lips, and burst into laughter. Her laughter caused the three boys to look up in shock, two out of three following Angie by roaring at her just-fucked appearance.

"Did you have a nice day, Josie?" Angie asked knowingly, wiggling her eyebrows.

"Shut up," Josie mumbled with red cheeks. "I'm just gonna go shower, I'll be down soon,". She dashed out of the common room and up the stairs to her dorm before any of them spotted the faint purple mark on her neck.

"What the hell, Freddie?" George asked his brother, unbelieving that he'd just been beaten by Lee. "Are you feeling alright? That has literally never happened!".

"I let him win," Fred shrugged, leaning back into the chair he was sitting on. George eyed him suspiciously, obviously not believing that was the case.

It wasn't long before Josie rejoined the group, looking decidedly fresher. She opted for some comfy clothes, just like they had, and pulled on a pair of black leggings and her favourite oversized sweatshirt that was a dark, navy blue colour. She paused slightly when she reached the bottom of the stairs, unsure of where to place herself. Lee and Fred occupied both of the armchairs, and Angie and George sat a little bit apart on the sofa. She knew that there was... something... between her and George, so she decided she wouldn't get in the way of whatever that was. Naturally, the safest option seemed like it would be to take the floor space in front of Fred's chair.

She padded over, grinning at Fred's cheesy, excited smile before plopping down on the floor, leaning her back against the chair to the side of his legs.

"Joey you can sit here, I'll sit down there," Fred stated as he moved to stand up.

"No it's okay, it's warmer down here," Josie sighed happily, leaning her head back against the chair to look up at him.

Fred frowned slightly, a smile still tugging at his lips. "Well at least take the cushion then,". He grabbed it from behind himself, swatting Josie over the head with it before handing it to her. He laughed loudly at her offended expression.

"You git," she grumbled, nudging his leg with her elbow before placing the cushion under herself.

As the evening went on, Josie found herself becoming more and more sleepy. She kept her read rested against the side of Fred's chair, finding it extremely difficult to keep her eyes open when Fred began to mindlessly play with the ends of her hair as he spoke. It was something he'd always done when they were chilling out, ever since they were younger. The warmth, the sound of the crackling fire, the low, happy voices of her friends and the feeling of her hair being played with were all factors making it very difficult for her to keep her eyes open. Eventually, she simply couldn't anymore, and fell asleep on her spot on the floor.

When she awoke the next morning, Josie found herself tucked up in her bed in her dorm. Angie was still sleeping soundly in the bed across from her. She wasn't entirely sure how she'd made it up to her bed last night, but shrugged it off after deciding she'd probably woken up just enough to crawl up the stairs and fall into bed. She lay there, mindlessly staring at the canopy of her bed as she waited for Angie to stir so they could go and get breakfast together. It was Sunday morning, meaning that breakfast would be served in the hall slightly later today.