11- Go fuck yourself, or her...

It would be fair to say that Josie barely slept a wink that night. On the one hand, she was ashamed to say she felt some sort of relief, like she had a way out. She knew something hadn't been right with Theo, and it had been difficult to put her finger on what it was, but there it was... she hadn't trusted him. Despite this, she still felt physically sick as she recalled what she saw and heard. Despite her fading feelings, she had genuinely really liked him at one point and never took him for the type of guy to do and say things like that. And the worst part of all was that she'd have to break up with him now. He would be sitting there with no idea what she knew about, thinking everything was all fine, and she would have to be the one to bring it all up. The thought of it turned her stomach, but she knew she had to do it and had to do it fast. The question was how.

Josie could feel herself spiralling, and for this, she needed Angie's advice. It was still much before she knew her friend's alarm was going off, and Angie wasn't exactly a morning person, but Josie felt that she could make an exception for this. Taking a deep breath, she made her decision and launched one of her pillows across the dorm, hitting Angie in the head. She stirred slightly, but didn't wake. Josie sighed and realised that it was going to take a little more to wake her up. In the end, it took her going over to physically shake Angie to wake her.

"What the hell are you doing?" she groaned, rolling over onto her back with her eyes still closed.

"I really need your help, Ange," Josie croaked, her voice breaking slightly. At the sound of it, Angie was suddenly wide awake and sitting up.

"What's happened? Are you okay? Why are you crying?". Josie didn't realise, but a few stray tears had slipped down her cheeks. She hated this situation.

"I need to break up with Theo," was all she said.

Angie sat cross-legged and pulled Josie down to sit beside her. "Okay... Can I ask why?" she asked softly.

With a sniffle, Josie replied. "I saw him cheating on me last night. It's so stupid because I realise that I don't really want to be with him, but it still hurts," she laughed.

"That fucker," Angie hissed. "I totally get you. You're allowed to feel like that. Even when you know they're not the person, it's still gonna suck when something like that happens,".

"I... How do you break up with someone?" Josie asked sheepishly, picking at her nails.

"That depends. Do you just wanna end it, or do you wanna end it?".

"What's the difference?".

"Break up with him simply, or let him know that you know and maybe everyone else around him whilst you're at it," Angie laughed devilishly.

"Oh God, I don't think I can do that," she chuckled, wiping her eyes. "I'll just... I dunno, see where it all takes me I suppose,".

Angie paused, looking deep in thought. "Fred's gonna kill him when he finds out. You know that, right? All three of them will. And me,".

"He already knows," Josie mumbled, knowing that Angie was correct. She could practically see murder in his eyes last night. "He was with me when I saw,".

Stifling a grin, Angie had to practically bite her tongue to stop the comment she desperately wanted to say from rolling off her tongue. "And he let him live? That's growth," she shrugged.

"Do we have to go to class today? He's gonna be in potions and I don't think I can stomach it," Josie groaned, flopping back onto Angie's bed. She'd never skipped a day in her life, but if ever there were a perfect day for it it would be today.

"I mean... I'd skip. We could sneak into Hogsmeade," Angie offered.

"Wouldn't we get caught?".

"Those two twits do it all the time," she commented, guesting in the vague direction of the twins' dorm. "If they can do it without getting caught, anyone can,".