7- Skirt's a bit short, init?

It was Wednesday, and Josie was finishing up her studying before heading out to the quidditch pitch to watch the team practise. They had a game at the weekend against Hufflepuff, so it was full steam ahead as they knew they had some competition in Diggory. Just as she was levitating her books back onto their shelves, she felt a pair of arms snake around her waist making her jump. As she squealed, several red sparks shot out of the end of her wand, singing the edge of one of the shelves.

"Uh oh, don't tell Pince about that one," Theo's voice spoke lowly in her ear.

"Theo! You scared me," Josie breathed, turning around in his grasp to face him. She hadn't seen him very much this week, so she smiled softly when she gazed at him.

"Sorry sweetheart," he chuckled. "I just wanted to see you,".

"I thought you were studying with friends tonight?" she asked, hooking her arms around his neck as his hands rested on her hips.

He leaned down and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. "I am, in about ten minutes," he murmured, kissing her again.

Josie tightened her arms around his neck, pulling him closer to her body as she rested against the bookshelves behind her. His tongue pushed into her mouth, and Josie's knees went slightly weak at the feeling. It seemed they both got lost in each other, as a sharp cough from Madame Pince had them sheepishly breaking away from each other. Josie turned beet red, but Theo's eyes had glazed over with lust. He was just about ready to blow off his friends and take Josie back to his dorm when he heard several rowdy voices approaching.

"Well well, what have we here," Marcus Flint's gravelly voice spoke up as he sidled up beside Theo. "Spending time with your Mudblood girlfriend, Nott?".

Josie stiffened at the horrid name, and she could see Theo clench his fists, but he said nothing.

"Skirt's a bit short, init Argent?" Cassius smirked, his eyes flicking down to her exposed legs. Josie wanted to curl up and die under his gaze.

"That's enough," Adrian said in a bored tone, rolling his eyes. "I expect she was just leaving, weren't you Argent?". He looked pointedly at Josie, his lips curling into a sneer.

"Uh... Yeah," she stammered, finding his dark eyes very intimidating. She hastily gathered up her books with shaking hands, and darted out of the library without even giving Theo a second glance. It was only when she was in the safety of the corridor that she allowed herself to breathe. Her entire body felt unbearably hot, and she was sure she was sweating. That was a horrid situation. Why did Theo's friends hate her so much, and why hadn't he defended her? She swallowed the lump that had lodged itself in her throat and headed out towards the quidditch pitch in a slight daze.

"There you are!" Lee chirped as soon as Josie slid into the seat next to him by the pitch. "Fred was about to send a search party for you,".

"Sorry, I was in the library," Josie muttered, still feeling a little nauseous from the exchange. Her eyes gazed around the pitch in front of her until she spotted who she was looking for. Fred was hovering just a few metres higher than George, his bat ready in his right hand as the bludgers were released by Wood. She watched on in awe as he nimbly flew around, listening to the deafening cracks as his bat collided harshly with the iron ball when he whacked them away. The concentration on his face, Josie found adorably endearing. He reached up to wipe the sweat on his brow away when he spotted her sitting next to Lee. His face instantly brightened, and he sent her a cheesy smile and a wink. Josie felt her stomach do a tiny somersault as she smiled back, her cheeks surely flushing pink for a reason she didn't know. She tore her gaze away and began to pick at her black nail polish.

Once all the team members landed after their practice, Lee and Josie made their way down the stands and onto the pitch. Fred and George clapped Harry firmly on the shoulders, sending him hurtling forwards slightly before he caught himself and smiled awkwardly.