Chapter 3

It was the day of the gift ceremony, the town looked lively as decorations were up and people were dressed up for the occasion, although the ceremony would start in the evening, everyone was excited.

Nicolas and elyna were already in the kitchen at the madrigal's house, they had woken up earlier to start helping out, julieta was more than glad to have them there at her kitchen helping her out.

"Okay i think that's the last of them, gracias kids" julieta thanked them again as she placed down the last tray of food on the counter.

"No problem señora, if you need help in the kitchen you can always count on us" nico said with a smug, running his fingers through is curly hair.

"Aye thank you again, guapo" julieta complimenting nico who was happy to be called handsome, nico turned to look at elyna and smirked

Elyna who saw his smug face scoffed at him "we'll get going señora, nico and i wanted to take a look around town before the ceremony" elyna smiled at julieta before dragging nico away. Julieta smiled at the two friends as they disappear from her sight.

Elyna's pov

The town was bustling and people were walking around, meeting up with their compadres, nico and i were in town to hang out.

"It seems so festive every time there's a gift ceremony, i mean i get that its an important event for the madrigals and even the whole encanto. I heard from the adults we get to go inside the room later" nico said sounding excited, it was gonna be the first time that we'll get to go inside a madrigal's room.

"I wonder if its just gonna be a simple room, you know. Like our rooms or is it gonna be special as well" I said as i was curious how a special room would look like.

We were passing through the plaza and it was quite loud with kids running around playing tag, as soon as they saw us they beamed and ran towards us, jumping around and immediately clinging to me and nico.

"Lyn! Nico! Come play with us!" One of the kids said as they try to pull us with them, i looked over to nico and one kid was already clinging on his back, it seemed like we had no choice so we both laughed and played with the kids. They wanted to play tag and decided i'll be it.

"Alright i'll give you guys a 5 second headstart!" I started counting and the kids all squealed and ran away, some are sticking next to nico as they waited for me to chase them. "Here i come!" I shouted as i ran towards the nearest kid, he was pretty fast for me as he zoomed away dodging the adults who were standing in the way.

I was starting to feel tired trying to catch the fastest one first, after a few attempts of catching him i turned to nico and the kids with him, i gave them a smirk as they squealed again, nico who was pretty competitive dashed away leaving the groups of kids scattering around. I laughed at them and chased them.

I saw one kid who was holding a cup laughing, he was taunting me as he made goofy faces at me. Alright, i'll catch you first. I thought as i sprinted towards him, he laughed as he ran away, he had ran in the direction towards a group of adults, he was able to slip past them.

I was running in full speed so i tried to change direction to avoid the adults but ended up bumping into someone instead, we both fell due to the impact. Sitting up from the ground i was confused as petals were on the floor. Flower petals?

Turning to look at the other person, my mind went blank for a minute. I bumped onto isabela. I immediately stood up "Oh my gosh- im so sorry i-i didn't look where i was going" i apologized reaching my hand out for her to hold.

Isabela's face was scrunched up probably because of the pain from the impact, when she looked up she looked kinda shocked. "Oh elyna! No no it's okay im fine" she said as she took hold of my hand, it felt really soft and made me think how it would feel to have our fingers intertwined. I pulled her up from the ground as i heard her say thanks.