2

"So, are you married or..?"
In this slow walk he asked, I coughed awkwardly.

"Ah, not yet. Does my face look old?"

He shook his head, "No. But mature."

I sighed, "Well I'll take that as a compliment."  I said sarcastically he just looked at me blankly.

"Hey!"  He stopped walking and turned to me.  " I dont know what happen to you but You are crazy walking barefoot like that. You could catch pneumonia."

  I pondered and asked myself, what is the problem that makes me able to forget this pain and cold?  As far as I know, I'm still normal and should be able to figure it out if I walked this far barefoot.

I sighed.  Fran.  Yes, always because of him. Our fighting make me so messed up like this

"Here, put it on! This is better."

He chuckled, I froze as i feel his warm hand on top of my head.  Make me shy.  Oh, this kind of laughter sounds beautiful to the ear?  I shook my head amused at my own thoughts.

Then i gigle when i saw he took one his shoes for me and one is still in his feet. Who is this man and his weird antics?? But im not complaining.. sometime we dont need to think everything too seriously. Getting loose, its what we need right?!

"So, what place are we going to?"  I asked distracting him, he looked thoughtful.

"How about we fix something first!"

"Fix something? What is it?"  I asked confused.

But before answering, I saw his hand lightly touch my face.  I gulped, oh.. did time stop?  Ah, I'm going crazy with this thought!

His eyes looked at me warmly, I could feel his hand so warm..  it spread into my skin receptors.  Then his small fingers stroked something under my eyes and smiled amusedly.

"Your tears make your face so messe up.. this puffy eyes making you look so horrible all over the place! You could turn into a zombie in any minute."  He said, I immediately removed his hand awkwardly.

Ah, I forgot that I was crying like crazy.

But seeing his laugh, I smile it feels weird but it's quite comforting.

"Come on! We have to get going."  He said then walked on ahead.  I bent down to follow him.

This time, I'll be the one asking.  I hate silence.  If it was quiet, I'd remember fran again.  I need something to distract him.

"So, did you intend to kill yourself because... erm.. were you heartbroken?"
I walked faster to match his position.

I saw that he was sighing.  "Suicide? I didn't even think about it. But..." he glanced at me, "maybe next time, when I have time!"  He replied with an amused smile.

I shake my head, he can be funny too.

"Then you?"  He asked, I pointed at my face "Me? What's wrong with me?"

"Your appearance can't be deceiving. How can a normal person be able to endure the shame of walking in such an ill-fated state like you."

He waved, "Not meant to be insulting just that I'm sure there must be something."

I sighed and wondered again, what am I doing here?  Who am I currently with?  I turned to him, no, sorry even though you are handsome but I can't tell you the behind story of my current state condition.  Because it hurts.  "Can I skip this topic?"

He nodded, the expression on his face looking as if he had understood.  Then we went back in silence until he stopped in his tracks.

"It just so happens that this place isn't that far."