Prologue

A few young people sit on the green lawn writing assignments and chatting. One of them says,
"It's 10:30 already. We need to go or we will not get the first row seats."
Another girl nods her head,
"Hain yaar, chalte hain. I don't want to be late."
The girls start putting their notebooks inside their bags and get up. A few sitting with the group look confused. One of them asks,
"You people said you will bunk your classes today. There's no important class then where are you planning to go?"
Another one says,
"Wohi toh. We have planned to go to the movies and then for lunch. How can you cancel everything?"

The girls standing laugh,
"No, we are not cancelling anything. We have three lectures today. One of the professors is absent today. And another we can bunk as it is not an important class. But this lecture we can't miss."
"Exactly. No one can bunk this class. No one does."
"And why is that? What is so special about this class?"
One of the girls sighs,
"Professor. He is special."
"Again what's so special about this professor?"
"Everything. The way he talks, the way he explains things, the way he makes us think out of the normal way, everything makes the class interesting. "
"Not only does the professor teach well, he is also a great listener and so friendly. And so hot and handsome."

One of the guys sitting smiles,"Tum log sirf looks dekh kar pagal ho gaye ho."
"Sangram, you need to attend his class to understand yourself. Yes, Dr. Sidharth Sen is hot. Tall, dark and incredibly handsome with a killer smile. But that's not the only reason why we all attend his class. His charming personality and that enthusiasm he creates in the class, the way he motivates us to try, make everyone, even boys, attend his class."
"Why don't you join us? See it for yourself."

The class is packed with students who chat among themselves. And just then a tall man in a simple white shirt and black trousers enters the room. The room turns silent as he puts the register and a few books on the table
The girl, new to the class ask in a whisper,
"Who is he? He doesn't look like a professor. Model lagta hai."
The other girl laughs,
"He is our English professor, Dr. Sidharth Sen. "

Sidharth turns towards his students and leans to the table. With a smile he says,
"Good Morrow to ye all!(Good morning to all of you)"
All greet him in union.
"So all present today?"
"Aye sir!"
All reply together.
"Great! Then without further ado we must start then."

Professor turned to pick up the book and starts,
"We were talking about women writers in the history of literature. The first woman.."
The same girl asks,
"Doesn't he take attendance? And what's Morrow?"
"Sir talks in Shakespeare's language at times. Morrow is morning. And no he doesn't take attendance. Nobody misses his class and if one does, we inform him."
"Is something very important going on there? Shruti? Discuss it with the class? Let us get enlightened with your discussions too."
They both turn towards the professor who stands staring at them with a smile.
Shruti stands up,
"No Sir, she was just asking what Morrow is."

The professor nods his head,
"You are not from this class. Right, right, I can see a few new faces in the class today. Which department? And what are you all doing here?"
The girl sitting beside Shruti stands up,
"Sorry Sir."
"Well, is this a new one? I had not heard about the sorry department. What exactly do you learn there?"
Professor smiles and others laugh.
The girl smiles a little,
"No Sir, we are from the Physics department. We had heard so much about you, so we came to attend your class."
"Do you have any classes going on right now?"
"No Sir. It's our free period."

The professor walks towards her,
"Then why are you sorry? If you all are here with an intention to learn something new then you are more than welcome to stay. Don't be sorry for that. Do you know everything in nature that is spiral, follow a fibonacci sequence where adding two preceding numbers gives the next number? 1,2,3,5,8..so on. You must be thinking why am I talking about this? Well, I learned about it when I was passing by the maths class in school. I loved it and went to the library to learn more about it. Knowledge should not be restricted to classes or books. It is the most valuable thing one can earn. So don't be sorry if you are interested in gaining something new."
He looks at all the new students,
"Stay if you want to know about the first woman writer in the history of literature. If you are just here to see me or talk then I am sorry, you must leave."
The girl nods her head, "We will stay."
The professor nods at them signalling them to sit as he continues teaching.

At the end of the class, the professor announces to submit a report on the woman writer whom they consider celebrated. He leaves the room and the girl runs after him, calling him. He stops and turns to face her.
"Sir, thank you for allowing us to sit. We really loved the lecture. Can we write a report too?"
"That's entirely on you. I mean I don't make my students write too. It's all up to one's interest."
"Yes, sir. I would like to write. Thank you again sir."
"Welcome. I didn't catch your name."
"I am Shehnaaz Kapoor."

Sidharth is in his study room at his home. He picks up his old journal and opens it. There are a few dried roses in them. He picks them one by one, careful not to destroy them. He looks at them and puts them back. He then pulls out a bundle of envelopes from his drawer. He opens each one of them and reads the letters it contained. Letters from a student years ago. The student who was different from others.

He reads the last letter.
To the professor,
You want me to stop. But I can't. I can't stop loving you. There's no button to switch it off. You say I am too young and I will forget about you when I get older. But it will never happen. I will keep loving you forever just like Penelope kept loving her Odysseus.
I know you must be laughing. Childish you may think but that's the truth.
This will be my last letter. You are going away I know. I will not disturb you again. However my Baba ji will bring us together one day. You will see.
Till then, keep me in your mind if not in your heart. Forget me never.
With love,
Shehnaaz.

"Shehnaaz! I will never forget you. Never.. Till we meet, if we meet or not, you will be there in my mind, in my heart. Forever.."

Here's the first glimpse of my take on professor-student love.
How's is it? Let me know.
Love💕💕💕💕💕