Chapter 8

Sidharth folds the letter and puts it inside the envelope. He smiles thinking about her. Shehnaaz had talked about a student who loved the real Sidharth. Love that was the word she used. It took another 4 letters to accept that the writer was speaking about herself. And another 5 to give her name. She had openly confessed her feelings to him then. But today she could not. She said she doesn't know what she feels for him. But he knows now she hasn't moved on. And that's enough for now.

Maybe she needs time to accept it. When they talk about the past, she will understand how much he loved her. And then she would accept that she loves him too. But she made it clear, she isn't ready to talk about it now.

That afternoon.
He kept her in his arms for a long time. It felt so soothing to keep her close to his aching heart. It beat faster and he knew it called her name.
He broke the hug and both stared at each other, smiling like fools. He signalled to her to get in the car. And she did.

He said once on the road, "So you haven't moved on in life?"
"No. I haven't. "
"Then why didn't you let me explain things to you?"
"Because I am still angry with you. I am. I hate you for leaving me like that. Why did you go away in such a hurry?"
"Do you want to know why?"
"Hmm.. yes.. no.. I don't know."

Shehnaaz covered her face with her palms and started sobbing. Sidharth, concerned for her, touched her shoulder.
"Why are you crying? Please Shehnaaz.. stop.. "
"I don't know why.. but mujhe rona aa raha hai.. I got so lonely after you left.. I wanted to scream at everyone. I wanted to scream at you.. I.. missed you.. so much."
Sidharth stopped the car at the side of the road and pulled her into his arms.
"I am sorry. I really am."
"I missed you."
"Me too. Now stop crying."

Shehnaaz drank some water and after she felt better, Sidharth put the car into ignition.
"Are you better now?"
She nodded her head.
"I will do everything that you want. There is so much to tell you, my past and reason why I had left without meeting you. And I want to know what happened after I left. But it's all up to you. We shall talk only when you want."
"Hmm.. I want to know everything. There's so much to tell you. But not today. Not now. I need some time."

"Okay. So what should I do till then?"
"Talk to me nicely. And don't mention a word about our past."
Sidharth smiles, "Anything else, Miss Arora?"
"Shehnaaz. And yes, don't flirt with any girl, especially her."
"I don't flirt with anyone. By the way, are we together?"
"No. Wait, do you want that?"
"You don't know what I want. Yet."
Shehnaaz gazed into his eyes as he smiled at her, turning back his focus onto the road.

See, I told you she loves you. That's why she is jealous of Paushali."
Shalini says with a smile as they drink tea in the evening.
Sidharth had told her everything that had happened earlier that day.
"I don't know. She is still so immature. She doesn't know what she really wants."
"She is. But you and I both know she has feelings for you. You should tell her what you have for her, maybe then she will accept it."
Shalini grins saying it.
"No, Ma. I am not telling her anything. She wants some time. We need to talk first. A lot of things are there between us that need to come out. I don't want to mesh up things. Let everything go slow. Also I want to enjoy this time."
He smiles mischievously.
"Jaa koris kor kintu besi jalasna oke.(Do whatever you want but don't trouble her too much.) Chere chole jabe.(She is go away, leaving you.)"
"I won't let her go anywhere."

"Hi Professor!"
Shehnaaz says over the phone, lying on her bed at night.
"Will you always call me that?"
"Yes. What else should I call you?"
Sidharth smiles, "Right. What are you doing tomorrow evening?"
"No such plans yet. Why?"
"You said you missed me. Didn't you mean that?"
Shehnaaz grabs a pillow close to her chest,"I meant every word of it. I missed you soooo much.."
A smile appears on his face, "Then meet me tomorrow for dinner. I want to take you to a special place. You will love it."
Shehnaaz smiles and says, "Okay. See you tomorrow."