Chapter 19

Sidharth sits down on the chair and makes a call. After a few rings, the phone gets picked up. He could hear voices, laughs and music from the other side.
"Hello! Kaun?"
"Hello.. Shehnaaz kahan hai?"
"Sana di toh busy hai. Aap kaun bol rahe hai?"
Sidharth raises his eyebrows and says, "Hum kaun? Sana didi ko poochiye hum kaun hai."
The girl on the other side giggles, "I am not asking anyone. Aap hi bolo.."
"Aap ki Didi ka hone wala dulha.. khush.. aab phone apne di ko dijiye."

Sidharth could hear giggles and then another girl's voice was heard, "Ooo Professor sahab hai kya.. I mean Jiju? This is your.. 15th call. Itna kya baat karni hai aapko."
Another voice asks, "Sana di se hi baat karni hai, hum kya itne bure hain? You can talk to us as well. Afterall we are your saliyan.."
Sidharth smiles, "Of course.. I am too eager to talk to you all, my beautiful shaliyans.. Sach bolun toh shaadi toh isiliye kar raha hun, aap sab ke saath baat jo karne milegi.. Afterall sali toh adhi gharwali hoti hai na.. and I am fortunate to have 4 of them."
"Hau.. Professor sahab.."

Sidharth laughs and he hears another voice from the other side.
"Waise puri hone wali ghar wali se kya bol na hai aap ko? She is busy, you can tell us that. We will forward her the message."
"Ah Shaira ji! Good to hear your voice."
"Shaira ji? Boring sound kar raha hai.."
"Badi sali ji? Is that better? "
"Yep! Boliye Professor jiju.. kya message hai.."
"Badi sali ji, you were in love, remember. You must understand a lover's feeling when he hasn't seen her love for a whole day. I am dying to hear her voice, say a few sweet notes.. please.. meri bechainiyon ko aur na badhayi ye."
She giggles, "Professor sahab, you only addressed us as your adhi gharwali. That means you can share a few of the love notes with us, maybe a poem dedicated to us. Bribe us and your work will be done."

Sidharth smiles, " Arz kiya hai..
Jis Awaz ko suna chahun main,
Mera pyar hai, meri zindagi hai woh.
Meri arzo jo pura kar sake,
Aur koi nahi unki behne hai woh.
Bahut achi hai sab,
Dil ki bhi sachi hai.
Mujhe pyar se Professor sahab bulaye jo,
Meri adhi gharwali hai woh.
Unse guzaris karu main itna
Unse ek baar guftagu karwaye.
Ek mohabbat ke mare ki,
Yeh ek khwahish hai woh.

How's that?"

"Waah! Bahut khub.. Professor sahab.. we loved it.. chaliye aur aap ko pareshan nahi karege.. aapki zindagi ki awaz sun lijiye. Sana.. le baat kar.."

Shehnaaz comes to her room, sits down on the bed and sandwiching her phone within her shoulder and ear, she says, "Shaira di ne aur bakiyon ne pareshan kiya?"
"No.. I had fun.. your sisters are just like you.. full of life."
"Hmm.. it's so good to finally be with everybody like this."
"Where were you? Why was your phone not with you?"
"Mehndi laga rahi thi."
"I missed you at college. I am missing you, baby.. dying to see you.. video call karun?"
"No.. I can't really talk much.. We are meeting tomorrow na."
"Baby, I want to.. really see you. I wish I could just come into your room right now and give you a kiss. Why don't I come and meet everyone now?"
"Sochna bhi mat. You know everyone here is making fun of you. Itni baar call karte ho, abhi aaoge then they will laugh. You know they are saying you have gone crazy."

"Haan toh I am crazy.. crazy about you. And I am calling my to-be wife, that's not a crime."
She giggles, "No, it is not.. everyone says I am lucky to have you. I believe it. I am lucky.. Thanks Sidharth."
"Thanks for what?"
"For bringing the family together. For bringing them here for our engagement."
"I didn't do anything. Credit goes to your father."
"Haan, but it was you who made Papa come here. You removed the misunderstanding we had. You gave me my Papa back. So, it was your effort and I will give credit to you."
"Waise sab aa gaye?".
"Yes,. Only Chote Papa, chachu and Goli bhaiya are left. They will come tomorrow."